Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I want to thank Rich at PrecisionLED for sending me their new high output LED package that they are developing. These are a new LED and are 30% brighter than the standard LEDs from PrecisionLED. the difference is night and day! the kit that I was sent is the Crystal White (6000k) kit. The LEDs have more of a blue tint than is shown in the pictures.

Everything of course comes packaged extremely well:

A comparison of the Map/Dome/Vanity standard style LED on the right and new revised version on the left. Notice the heatsink, these bad boys get warm!

A comparison of the License Plate standard LED on the left and revised version on the right:

This is a comparison of the Reverse LED lights that I and a few others on here have purchased. The Ebay LED is on the right and the PrecisionLED high output LED is on the left.

And of course some comparison photos:

Interior with the standard package from PrecisionLED:

Interior with the high output LED package from PrecisionLED:

A comparison of the Ebay Reverse LED and standard PrecisionLED License Plate LED on the left and both high output License Plate and Reverse LED from PrecisionLED on the right.

I also have the LED strip but could not get any good pictures. I will update tomorrow when I can get some good pictures of that installed.

This kit provides exceptional light and looks fantastic as well. I would highly recommend this kit to anyone looking to get better lighting, converting to LED, or even those with the current PrecisionLED kit.

I love the difference this kit gives.

·
22,793 Posts
Those suckers are bright. If you leave them on, you can work on your tan this winter.

·
22,793 Posts
I see the warning labels are still attached to the visors. Same here. Isn't hurting anything and removing them will leave a tell-tale spot, I'm sure.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the original set from Precision, which I feel are fine for me, so these new ones must be pretty bright! I notice your Weathertech Mat. They are excellent. Love mine.
These new ones are VERY bright. I have 5% limo tint on the rear doors and rear window, yet these let you see inside even with them tinted that dark!!

I absolutely love the Weathertech floor mats. I have a set of floor mats with "Elantra" embroidered but only use those at car shows :cool:.

I see the warning labels are still attached to the visors. Same here. Isn't hurting anything and removing them will leave a tell-tale spot, I'm sure.

You know it Sir, they never bothered me before and you know how it is. If I try to remove them it's going to leave SOMETHING and I'll never get them 100% clean.

·
22,793 Posts
You know it Sir, they never bothered me before and you know how it is. If I try to remove them it's going to leave SOMETHING and I'll never get them 100% clean.
Besides, their presence promote the idea that "this car is like brand new and so well-maintained." Or, even if not original, it promotes the idea that the owner cares.

The old guys that restore those 60's muscle cars at the vintage car shoes pay a great deal for the original/replica stickers that came on the vehicle when new. Adds authenticity. And to a potential buyer? It adds value.

Ever sit in a well preserved 20/40-year old car that was (for the most part) original? Makes a difference to the overall appeal. But that's just me.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Looks great! How hard was it to replace the reverse light bulb? I was going to do that because I had some of those bulbs laying around(from licence plate bulb, pretty sure they're the same), but I saw it required ripping out the whole tailight unit. Wasn't sure if that was worth going down that road or not.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Besides, their presence promote the idea that "this car is like brand new and so well-maintained." Or, even if not original, it promotes the idea that the owner cares.

The old guys that restore those 60's muscle cars at the vintage car shoes pay a great deal for the original/replica stickers that came on the vehicle when new. Adds authenticity. And to a potential buyer? It adds value.

Ever sit in a well preserved 20/40-year old car that was (for the most part) original? Makes a difference to the overall appeal. But that's just me.
I agree 100% with you Rich, I have a very soft spot for older cars, especially from the 60's and 70's. It just has a different feel when your in one that 90% original rather than something put together from a kit.

Looks great! How hard was it to replace the reverse light bulb? I was going to do that because I had some of those bulbs laying around(from licence plate bulb, pretty sure they're the same), but I saw it required ripping out the whole tailight unit. Wasn't sure if that was worth going down that road or not.
Thank you! The reverse bulbs are pretty simple. The most time consuming part is removing the trunk lid liner. Once that has been removed there are 3 nuts you need a 10mm socket to release. Once those are released the tail light from the trunk lid just pops out and you can replace the bulb. It would take no longer than 20 minutes taking your time start to finish.

·
22,793 Posts
I still have the liitle airbag sticker that hangs from the glove box "installed"
LOL I understand. There was a tag that hung over the glove box door on the 2011. I carefully folded it back up and over into the box door. When the door was closed, it was gone. When I traded, I reached in, unfolded it and closed the door. There it was, just as if the factory had put it there and she rolled off the transport. I just thought the new owner might appreciate it.

And, yes, the one that came on Ingrid is now folded up inside, too.

BTW: I did some searching on eBay the other day and ordered an OEM black, faux leather warranty/owner's manual case. Really looks sharp. Has "Hyundai" embossed on the flap. Even came with a OEM Hyundai pen in the case. The manuals fit perfectly inside. $8 and change and about $5 for shipping. I originally received these see-through, plastic envelope-looking thingie-ma-bobber's with both my Elantras...designed to hold my warranty books and owner's manual. Kinda cheap looking, if you ask me. Not anymore!!!!

·
Registered
808 Posts
LOL I understand. There was a tag that hung over the glove box door on the 2011. I carefully folded it back up and over into the box door. When the door was closed, it was gone. When I traded, I reached in, unfolded it and closed the door. There it was, just as if the factory had put it there and she rolled off the transport. I just thought the new owner might appreciate it.

BTW: I did some searching on eBay the other day and ordered an OEM black, faux leather warranty/owner's manual case. Really looks sharp. Has "Hyundai" embossed on the flap. Even came with a OEM Hyundai pen in the case. The manuals fit perfectly inside. $8 and change and about $5 for shipping. I originally received these see-through, plastic envelope-looking thingie-ma-bobber's with both my Elantras...designed to hold my warranty books and owner's manual. Kinda cheap looking, if you ask me. Not anymore!!!!
Rich , I think I will fold my tag into the glove box also. For some reason I have grown attached to the little guy!
I will do that tomorrow, today I am basking in the glory of my newly installed aluminum accelerator and gas pedals.!!!
The faux leather manual holder sounds interesting...guess I will be doing an ebay search on that. The one I received with the Tucson is by no means shabby....but

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey Rich,

Care to share the seller of this item? I'm going to pick one up myself!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thank you! The reverse bulbs are pretty simple. The most time consuming part is removing the trunk lid liner. Once that has been removed there are 3 nuts you need a 10mm socket to release. Once those are released the tail light from the trunk lid just pops out and you can replace the bulb. It would take no longer than 20 minutes taking your time start to finish.
Well maybe I'll check it out next weekend! I'd love to have a brighter reverse lights since I have a rear camera so I'd actually benefit from it. Not sure my current bulbs would be bright enough. I'll have to look what bulbs precision LED supplies for those reverse lights. Thanks for the description as well of how to remove them.

·
22,793 Posts
http://bit.ly/1hchsML

This is it. Says it fits a bunch of models but doesn't mention Elantra. But it fits. Looks cool. Lots of similar ones for sale.

·
22,793 Posts
Rich , I think I will fold my tag into the glove box also. For some reason I have grown attached to the little guy!
I will do that tomorrow, today I am basking in the glory of my newly installed aluminum accelerator and gas pedals.!!!
The faux leather manual holder sounds interesting...guess I will be doing an ebay search on that. The one I received with the Tucson is by no means shabby....but
It's probably the same thing. Wife has Tucson and it reminds me of hers.

I called it faux leather for lack of a better description. Maybe Naugahyde? But I thought all of the Great American Nauga's had been hunted to extinction. LOL It might be made of faux Naugahyde! :grin:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I thought the leather booklet was standard! My owners manual came in it when I bought the car new. 2011. Interesting.

·
22,793 Posts
I was jeaslous as heck when hearing of this after buying my 2011. Didn't know if it was Canadian-bound models, or Korean-made models that got this, or what. I just got the little plastic/vinyl pouch/envelope (?) with my documents & manuals inside. And she was a Limited, as well. About 15-16 months later, I traded her for Ingrid. Same vinyl pouch inside the glove box. Bummer! ;)

Well, by golly, I've corrected that, now! Finally. I quit being jealous of the wife's two Tucson's she's owned with the cases in each one. So, I went out and bought me one! So there, I showed her!!! :grin:

Funny, isn't it, how little things, like this owner's manual case, makes your world go around and brightens your day?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
darn it gamer! your making me spend money.

ok... I'll do it. after the SRI is done... which should be within the month :D

all I'll be getting is the map & dome lights & trunk light, and its about $60... not a bad deal to easily find things in the car i'd have to strain for.

oh... forgot to tack on the reverse lights... lol

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
darn it gamer! your making me spend money.

ok... I'll do it. after the SRI is done... which should be within the month :D

all I'll be getting is the map & dome lights & trunk light, and its about $60... not a bad deal to easily find things in the car i'd have to strain for.

oh... forgot to tack on the reverse lights... lol
It's worth it man! You going to get the standard lights or go with the new high output lights? I would recommend the new ones since they are ALOT brighter and give you move light to see when needed in the car.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts