Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,992 Posts
Hi everyone,

@goddi1, we're glad to hear, that you are happy about the body side moldings you received.
For those, who are interested in this product, you will need to mention the color code when ordering your set of moldings. It is always a good idea to look up the color code on your vehicle and then double-check in our paint code guide. Here is the link to these moldings on our web site:

Dawn® FE-ELA07 - 1.25" wide body side moldings (painted) at CARiD
Thanks for sharing your experience!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So for the 2018 GTS Hatchback you order the molding kit for 2018 Sedan and use the Sedan door measurements for applying the masking tape?
================================
It's been a while but I remember I called them up to see it the Sedan version will fit the GT Hatchback and they said yes. I installed them according to the instructions and all went well. I'd call them up and verify this. But they do fit fine and look good.
Gary

·
Registered
15 Posts
So for the 2018 GTS Hatchback you order the molding kit for 2018 Sedan and use the Sedan door measurements for applying the masking tape?
================================
It's been a while but I remember I called them up to see it the Sedan version will fit the GT Hatchback and they said yes. I
installed them according to the instructions and all went well. I'd call them up and verify this. But they do fit fine and look good.
Gary

Well I contacted Carid today and not too surprisingly "Stanley" said the side moldings in question that you bought (Dawn)do not fit the GT hatchback. He tried to sell me some ugly chrome ones. By any chance do you have any of your old email correspondence or invoice? A salesperson's name probably would have been attached to it. That is who I need to get hold of. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Having problems posting. Trying again...
Yea, I had some confusion from CarID when I ordered mine. They apparently are manufacture by Dawn Enterprises.
I got mine through CarID because they had a discount back then. My salesperson at CarID was 'Damon'. But check with Dawn, too. My purchase order did say 'sedan' so maybe they are the same.

https://www.dawn-ent.com/FE-ELA07-H...ch=body side moulding hyundai&category_id=101

·
Registered
15 Posts
Having problems posting. Trying again...
Yea, I had some confusion from CarID when I ordered mine. They apparently are manufacture by Dawn Enterprises.
I got mine through CarID because they had a discount back then. My salesperson at CarID was 'Damon'. But check with Dawn, too. My purchase order did say 'sedan' so maybe they are the same.

https://www.dawn-ent.com/FE-ELA07-H...ch=body side moulding hyundai&category_id=101

The Dawn site lists the same part number as CARiD. But they only deal with wholesalers and distributors so it is strictly information only with no opportunity to order direct. Interestingly enough the Dawn site lists the application as for the GT but the picture is for the sedan. LOL. When thinking about it a lot of these applications are pretty generic. Similar size cars like a GTI or Ford Focus will have similar size doors and probably would work equally well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.