Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the LEDs ordered for my high beams (LED 18 SMDs H7 6000K) from Amazon.

The help I need is for the fogs. Also, I see 2 styles, one that's a cover type and one that's a strip "bent L" style. Which do you guys prefer and for the cover type, does it replace your existing fog unit or sit on top of it?

I'm still a noob so I can't quite post up links of what i'm talking about just yet until 7 days.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I haven't done any mods yet. I'm awaiting my LEDs for my DRLs. The LEDs I have seen a lot of and people use are the L shaped ones that go over the foglights. They seem very easy to install but at the moment I dont have them to really be able to assist you.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have the LEDs ordered for my high beams (LED 18 SMDs H7 6000K) from Amazon.

The help I need is for the fogs. Also, I see 2 styles, one that's a cover type and one that's a strip "bent L" style. Which do you guys prefer and for the cover type, does it replace your existing fog unit or sit on top of it?

I'm still a noob so I can't quite post up links of what i'm talking about just yet until 7 days.
Both type fit over your existing fog lights. I purchased the eyebrow type because that's the one i noticed most people use. So far they've been great but I've only had them probably less than 2 months. Been through a few rain storms and there's no sign of water inside the lights so they seem to be sealed just fine. Definitely get plenty of compliments on the way they look. Here's the one i purchased Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=131054273990 1385268691848.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help and you were definitely on point answering what I needed to know. As far as the wiring goes..did you t-tap into the parking lights or use the auto on/off switch from ijdmplay's site?

Both type fit over your existing fog lights. I purchased the eyebrow type because that's the one i noticed most people use. So far they've been great but I've only had them probably less than 2 months. Been through a few rain storms and there's no sign of water inside the lights so they seem to be sealed just fine. Definitely get plenty of compliments on the way they look. Here's the one i purchased Check out this item I found on eBay: View attachment 92265

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
542 Posts
No i didn't use the optional switch. I just went directly into the fuse box under the hood as the first pic shows then grounded to the frame above the grill as you see in the 2nd pic with that blue connector. I wanted the eyebrow lights on always when the car is running. I disconnected the factory driving lights by just unscrewing the round cap behind the lights and pulling the electric plugs that power the lights then just screwed the cap back on. I didn't want the factory driving lights on at all. 1385305736905.jpg 1385305759996.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just wanted to say that the first pic that shows the power wire going into the fuse box is just a pic someone else posted. I just reposted that one to show you where you can get the power from. The following pic also shows the same place you can use. 1385310454833.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! I wanted the LEDS to go on upon start up too. Good idea about leaving the DRL's unplugged (less hassle in my opinion). Ordering LED's now! THANKS :D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Awesome! I wanted the LEDS to go on upon start up too. Good idea about leaving the DRL's unplugged (less hassle in my opinion). Ordering LED's now! THANKS :D
The price is right too. When i first thought about purchasing them they were like $129 then they went down to $99 so i bought them then. Now I see they are only $89! Can't beat that price. Good luck with them.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah really! It's too hard to pass up especially when they look so good. Thanks again!

The price is right too. When i first thought about purchasing them they were like $129 then they went down to $99 so i bought them then. Now I see they are only $89! Can't beat that price. Good luck with them.

Sent from my SCH-I535

1 - 12 of 12 Posts