Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of those aftermarket radios with GPS at tradesolution.hk and was wondering if any of you can give me some clues on loading maps on an SD card to have the GPS to work. I do have a TomTom one unit that I can backup and I also have garmin maps. I have nothing against trying IG0 too. It`s just that I need to have instructions on the file structure to load on the card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to have it to work but I have kind of a noob question... My car unit is on my desk for testing purpose and it sits there. The GPS seems to think that I am in Houston but I am in Canada. Does the GPS unit have to move to get located right or should it detect that I am in Canada even when immobile ??? I do have sat signal in setup screen.

thx

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (begs @ Apr 27 2010, 05:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317441
I managed to have it to work but I have kind of a noob question... My car unit is on my desk for testing purpose and it sits there. The GPS seems to think that I am in Houston but I am in Canada. Does the GPS unit have to move to get located right or should it detect that I am in Canada even when immobile ??? I do have sat signal in setup screen.

thx
It's going to need an external antenna before it will be able to pick anything up. Being embedded in dashboards as they are, they don't expect a decent signal there, and don't employ an internal antenna. Sure your "sat signal" isn't from demo mode?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts