Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I crazy to do this? I am using the "l" model so the stereo is the least fancy.

the pioneer has the works in it including sat radio but I think I need something more for that.

Also install seems simple should I pay a store $100 to do the install or should I give it a shot? Just picked up my "l" model off the dealer a few days ago :)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Not sure what the l model is, but if the install seems easy go for it. There's detailed how-to threads on head unit installs in the forum.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Why not do a pioneer double din instead? Would probably look better in the space, plus have more functionality.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
http://www.hyundaicanada.com/Content/PDF/Elantra_en.pdf

I'm pretty sure he means "L" model.

"Install OVER stock deck" kinda bothers me.

If you mean install IN PLACE OF stock deck ...

That's pretty easy to do in the US - you will want a harness kit and there are 12-15 wires to splice. I agree that a Pioneer Double-Din would look better, but I think Canadian prices are higher than US - I don't know if the Canada harness connectors and pin-outs are the same, though.

If you literally mean OVER the stock deck (maybe it is a single DIN and you want to keep both the standard and the Pioneer radio functional), that can be done - but if both radio's were turned on at the same time, you would back feed the internal amps and short out one of the radios. It would be advisable to install an ON-ON toggle switch so that only one radio could be on at any given time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts