Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Pioneer unit on my 2013 limited. I have the stock radio that came with the car that has the black background and two knobs.
Has anyone been able to install this head unit on a 2012?
I want to install this on my wife's 2012 GLS.
Any pictures of the back of the OEM 2012 head unit or a confirmation that this in fact "plug and play" would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
havent seen it yet, but the most easiest answer would be - remove your radio and try to swap it...it will take only 10-20mins to you...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I prefer the look of the 2011 radio
I think my biggest gripe with the 2011 radio is the location of the seek and cat buttons. Kind of a far reach for the cat buttons. If there is a way to use steering wheel controls to change cat, I do not know it :mad:

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I don't remember since I have a 8'' screen NAV-system. I just remember that the volume knob was cool at night, it matched the temp control knob.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I. WANT. THE. 2013. RADIO.

Now that I know. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, the contour of the part that surrounds the radio is different. You will need to make sure that you buy it too. I had to separate the clock and snap the new one (different pattern) in place. Easy install.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yes, the contour of the part that surrounds the radio is different. You will need to make sure that you buy it too. I had to separate the clock and snap the new one (different pattern) in place. Easy install.
We are talking about the black plastic around the radio correct?

I just got a 2013 radio for $50 BUCKS!? Bluetooth and everything on ebay, just was at the right place at the right time. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts