Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried many different types of cleaners/methods gleaned from forums and youtube with varying degrees of success but nothing that really did the job in removing the oily residue that comes up from the dash.

Used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (with warm water) and a squeegee and am pleased with the results.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have used Mr. Clean Magic Erasers with excellent results and no scratching. Currently I am using Dirtex which can be found at paint stores and on line. Be careful though as if you get it on certain plastics it can damage them. This is a powerful window cleaner with no streaking.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I have used Mr. Clean Magic Erasers with excellent results and no scratching.
... A melamine sponge is more dense than your average cleaning sponge and its tiny pores make it a light abrasive, not unlike that of an extra fine sheet of sandpaper.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I read where they are about 3000 grit, which would make them less abrasive than toothpaste. So I guess you are correct in your use. Thanks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
70% Rubbing alcohol - simple and safe on most everything from interior plastics to clear coat. Permanently in my car.
Found it to be an excellent glass cleaner.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
70% Rubbing alcohol - simple and safe on most everything from interior plastics to clear coat. Permanently in my car.
Found it to be an excellent glass cleaner.
I had some 50% alcohol that worked well, thanks! :wink2:

Reactions: conqr

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Received this as a gift.

Have tried it dry twice and has worked well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts