Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20181005_113535_038_1538754616900.jpg 2011 Sonata GLS

This plastic "shroud?" inside passenger side wheel well looks like it should be higher up and NOT exposing the engine.

Not apparent how it should be held up.

Any help please. 20181005_113535_038_1538754616900.jpg

·
Registered
13,027 Posts
The side cover on my Hyundai were held on with a couple of 10mm bolts along the top and it attached to the engine under guard at the bottom.

I assume the one on the other side is secure, so maybe you could take a look at that one and see what's holding it on.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
I've been on a roll with my assumptions lately. Let me see if I can improve my stats......If you push it up and wiggle it....it'll go up where it belongs.....how an I doing? My assumption is it's hanging down and needs to be bolted back up. Had any work done on it lately?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do know what happens when assume? 😉

I pushed up, it feels like it is pushing back. Doesn't "want" to go up, not just gravity pushing down. I felt with my hands above the gap, did not feel any bolts nor bolt holes.

I posted here looking for definitive answers, for instance maybe "there's a clip/bolt/nut that holds it up, located near blah blah blah".

·
Registered
13,027 Posts
Would I have to be under the car to see the bolts you mentioned?
Yeah. Mine was held by bolts going into the bottom of the chassis leg.

WalkGood said:
I posted here looking for definitive answers
Sorry I can't give you anything more definitive. But maybe @sbr711 will stop by and tell you definitively what holds it on. I'm sure he will have had to remove them often enough.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
You do know what happens when assume? 😉

I pushed up, it feels like it is pushing back. Doesn't "want" to go up, not just gravity pushing down. I felt with my hands above the gap, did not feel any bolts nor bolt holes.

I posted here looking for definitive answers, for instance maybe "there's a clip/bolt/nut that holds it up, located near blah blah blah".
It's not rocket science. LOOK at the lip on the top of the shield....see where there are holes or where the plastic is ripped (corners are most common place to bolt them).....Look above and see where there are holes with, hopefully, little clips that bolts go in. Well.....I await your findings.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
There are definitely bolts that hold that part up. Just need to get under it and look straight up with a good light to see where the holes are or are supposed to be, and where they are supposed to connect to the chassis.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
If you have to....take a look at the other side....provided it's attached correctly it'll be very similar.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If you have to....take a look at the other side....provided it's attached correctly it'll be very similar.
the cover on the driver side is different in how it mounts so comparing to other side won't help in this case. The fender cover part would, but not that lower part that is hanging down.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Oh my! They are both plastic and are hung in the same way. The may not be the exact same shape and size and I said that they would be SIMILAR but they are both hung in the same way.

I'm done here. If you can't figure this out....take it to a body shop.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Oh my! They are both plastic and are hung in the same way. The may not be the exact same shape and size and I said that they would be SIMILAR but they are both hung in the same way.

I'm done here. If you can't figure this out....take it to a body shop.
Hey, I am not the OP, just responding that they way these two connect are different types of bolts and locations, so looking at the driver side won't help find the missing bolts and/or locations. Don't condemn the OP because more relevant assistance or information was provided.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts