Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just bought an i10, low mileage from dealer.

My concern is that the inside mirror points too low. At the uppermost angle I can get without feeling like ripping it off the windshield I only get the lower half of the rear glass. I'm 1.77m, so it's not because of my height.

It's not the antiglare lever, either, as I have to set it pointing UPWARDS in order to achieve that sight. If I point the lever downwards, the most I can see is my children on the back seats.

The dealer told me that's how it goes, but I doubt it.

Is there a way of removing it to try and put it right? There's an allen screw there, but I'm afraid of ripping it off the windshield.

Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do you have it in 'night mode'? flip the tab underneath to to tilt the internals. I know you say it is not, but that is what it sounds like

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have it in 'night mode'? flip the tab underneath to to tilt the internals. I know you say it is not, but that is what it sounds like
Thanks. I am forced to have it in "night mode" because it makes it point to the ceiling. If flip the tab it points further downward.

It's not the antiglare lever, either, as I have to set it pointing UPWARDS in order to achieve that sight. If I point the lever downwards, the most I can see is my children on the back seats.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It really does sound like it, but sometimes it can be annoying. When trying to adjust it are you sitting in the drivers seat with your head in the normal position (or as normal as you can reach the mirror) and move the full range with the switch in both positions? If you get the usual view out the back with anti dazzle on the mirror would not be in the right place with it off but need tilting.

Not an easy thing to describe sorry. Just though, are you exceptionally tall or short? Try rise lower the seat. I know you can not drive unless you are comparable but it can be an indication

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm just one inch taller than you and have no issues setting the interior mirror at both the lowest (with a regularly inclined backrest) and the highest seat position (with a rather upright backrest setting, due to my mother's preferred seating position).

Admittedly, if the head is located rather high, the angle of vision from the rearviewmirror (when set to not include the car's headliner) is a bit more "downward" compared to when sitting lower, but at level roads the rear horizon is still visible through the mirror.

Did you sit inside other i10 at the dealer?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have resorted to lowering the seat, but I'm only 1.77m (5'9).

Sounds about the best course of action. I'm about three inches shorter and have my seat at maximum. I wish I was only 5'9

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just one inch taller than you and have no issues setting the interior mirror at both the lowest (with a regularly inclined backrest) and the highest seat position (with a rather upright backrest setting, due to my mother's preferred seating position).

Admittedly, if the head is located rather high, the angle of vision from the rearviewmirror (when set to not include the car's headliner) is a bit more "downward" compared to when sitting lower, but at level roads the rear horizon is still visible through the mirror.

Did you sit inside other i10 at the dealer?
I didn't try another i10 at the dealer. Spaniard customer service people are very stubborn and they will not accept suggestions from a customer: Who is he to know better than the "expert".

So, I took a screwdriver with the proper tip and loosened the screw, then the plastic mount slid out of the metal base that's glued to the windshield.
The system has two ball-and-bearing joints. The one on the mirror we move when adjusting it. The one on the mount is very tight and we risk ripping the whole mount off the windshield or breaking the plastic mount itself. So I did it with it removed and while gripping the plastic mount in my hand. Then I reinstalled it and tightened the screw.

It now points upward as it should. I didn't feel loose. I don't know if it was yanked downward at some time or if the heat loosened it enough to drop by its own weight.

I hope this can help other people in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts