Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Im thinking on gettin 20" on my Elantra 2012.

Will i need any other modification to my ride?

Which will be the recomended Tire Spec to use?

Thanks very much

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
235/25/20 is the same diameter within .1 inch. Such a size may not exist. Tire rack shows a 235/30-20 as the replacement which will read 3.8% slow @ the speedo over the stock 16 or 17. You'll also want a mig welder to reassemble the car after it rattles apart. I don't think the stock suspension (or the chassis) can handle 20's as a daily driver unless you have glass roads in Peru.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hello guys,

Im thinking on gettin 20" on my Elantra 2012.

Will i need any other modification to my ride?

Which will be the recomended Tire Spec to use?

Thanks very much
Javier you are going to learn to search and learn the subject or be lucky/unlucky learning by experience. But this should help:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-md-2011-elantra/125529-18-rims.html#post919030

An image of Louiceman's E with 20s.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-md-2011-elantra/122950-post-your-pictures-here-2.html#post896243

IMO 18s look right at home on the E.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the support guys.

Ive decided to get some 18" wheels Tenzo Type M.
Using 225/40/R18 tires.

It looks great on the car. It could look better if i lowered.

·
22,788 Posts
Well planned out. Mighty fine advice available on here. Forum members never cease to amaze me with product knowledge and skill sets.

I have to agree with your 18" rim decision. They really set the car off, fill the wheel well gap nicely, and pay HUGE dividends as opposed to the teeth-rattling 20's.

IMO, 18's look, well, they just look sexy tucked up under there.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thanks for all the support guys.

Ive decided to get some 18" wheels Tenzo Type M.
Using 225/40/R18 tires.

It looks great on the car. It could look better if i lowered.
Nice looking wheel. Sticks out a bit. RecklessInsanity just put up some excellent images.

OMG how do you find that pic are you detective?:eek::D
I researched the hxll out of the subject. Every post and image I could find. I wasn't about to spend so much money on wheels
and tires without knowing all the facts and its not easy because of so much B.S. and mistakes to wade through. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts