Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping i can get some info on what kind of symptoms i can get from a bad speed sensor?

I am having some odd intermittent things going on with my trans and after owning the car a few months seems to be rpm related for the most part.

The first thing i noticed was a single high rpm shift it was a bit violent, only happened twice in the 6 months ive had it, and would only happen when cold after having been driven a few hours earlier, it does seem to rev a bit higher than usual once in a while.

I have also noticed when cruising between 40 and 50, if i hit the pedal to accelerate sometimes its like it forgets to downshift when it should, when i compensate for the delay and add a litlle more power it shifts like normal

It almost seems it doesnt get the signals at the proper times, like i said it runs good and drives nice and smooth, but once in a while itll have a hiccup and wondering if i may have a speed sensor that is starting to malfunction

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Start with scan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i first noticed the trans act up i had an obd2 trans capable scanner run codes and nothing came up, a month after that i dropped the pan and changed the trans filter and filled with oe rec. trans fluid, then brought it to my dealer to have it all checked, everything checked out from there point of view

1 - 3 of 3 Posts