Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noted a tapping noise coming from the RR @ highway speeds, upon inspection. I noticed the inner wheel well trim toward the rear being loose & it is aligned with a stud. On the Drivers side there appears to be a plastic wing nut on but was coming loose.

Common problem?

I also noted I am missing at least 3 rubber overslam bumpers on various areas of the doors too.

Getting ready to spray (hopefully) the entire lower body with oil so am becoming attentive to missing parts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got to "look at it" in daylight, not a wing nut some sort of hex nut with a built in fender, not even sure if this is a nut or a clip.... proprietary Hyundai clip or fastener?

Anyways they fall off the car, like the overslam bumpers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Missing one, the other loose, these are tucked up behind the well, hard to see, for future reference, & if you hear something loose...

Hyundai OEM# 84145-26000

It's more like a push on nut, not a wing nut, I'm not sure they are even threaded.

Things I own tend to "fall apart", or seize up.

Probably have to go to the dealer for this as I don't purchase online.... or live with the rattle for a while. Anyways I'm glad it's nothing major.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Bismarck318
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing