Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 2016 elantra that has damage to the plastic lining on the inside of the wheel well, there is a large hole. Also, the bumper is lose and the rear mudguard is not securely attached. All of the damage is on the rear driver's side wheel.
Does anyone know how much it is to fix? or if it even needs to be repaired. It can't be notice unless you look closely. I have attached pics for clarification.

Thanks, Geoff

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the screw was removed that holds the bumper in place.

what's more an issue is that it looks like you need new tires :p they look pretty bald.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The bumper looked fine in the first 3 photos, until you oukked it out with your finger. It looks like the majority of the damage can be fixed with black tape. Very few people would notice it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My main concern is that the hole will let salt and debris in, causing premature rusting. Anyone else have any input?

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
My main concern is that the hole will let salt and debris in, causing premature rusting. Anyone else have any input?
Go to a junk yard and buy the trim and replace. Behind the bumper cover is an impact bar that will not do well with salt and water getting back there. If you have safety inspections it'll end up failing in a year or two. You'll want to secure the bumper cover as well. Make sure all the plastic trim is good and in place.

Reactions: Geoff594

·
Registered
941 Posts
If there's a hole in the liner that's not supposed to be there. again, hard to tell with the pictures, you can buy a new liner for $15-20 online. ebay/rockauto have them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts