Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has installed an inline coolant heater or block heater for their 2.4L NF Sonata?

I am looking into buying one, especially the inline heater but was wondering where I can get one and if they are easy to install.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has installed an inline coolant heater or block heater for their 2.4L NF Sonata?

I am looking into buying one, especially the inline heater but was wondering where I can get one and if they are easy to install.

Thanks in advance
If it was me, in Montana, I'd opt for a magnetic oil pan heater in lieu of an inline coolant heater. The block heater method requires removal of a freeze plug and draining of the coolant.
Just make sure you clean the installation point well for a good contact.

BTW I don't have an engine block heater because I park inside..but if I needed one....see above ^^

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not sure where you can get one..Canadian Tire may still have them..
in 70s..Temro used to make them in Winnipeg...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
I got the block heater from Hyundai dealer. Very easy to install yourself. The same block heater is also available from KIA for about $60. Hyundai sell them for about $100.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Feb 2014 - recently purchased a cartridge block heater from Canadian Tire. It fits some Chrysler, Kia, Mitsubishi, Jeep, and the 2006 to 08 2.4L GLS Sonata. The brochure describes the port as located Left Front for all of the models it fits. Probably in the motor block. The exact location was not ascertained, but it will require some removal of the air intake equipment to access it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts