Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an Injen Cold Air Intake last night and can not wait to install it. Purchased for around $232 but got it for $202 with a promo code. Plan on writing a review after a week or so of having it on as well.

I do have a couple questions for you guys as well though.

1. Does anyone know what size of the Injen Hydroshield fits the filter that comes with it?

2. Does anyone know of a DIY installation guide on the intake? (CAI, not SRI. Filter will be located around wheel well/fog light area.)

Thanks guys

Injen CAI Part #:SP1331P

Link: Injen SP Cold Air Intake - 360+ Reviews on Injen SP Series Short Ram Intakes
(Second CAI on the list, with longer tube)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I ordered an Injen Cold Air Intake last night and can not wait to install it. Purchased for around $232 but got it for $202 with a promo code. Plan on writing a review after a week or so of having it on as well.

I do have a couple questions for you guys as well though.

1. Does anyone know what size of the Injen Hydroshield fits the filter that comes with it?

2. Does anyone know of a DIY installation guide on the intake? (CAI, not SRI. Filter will be located around wheel well/fog light area.)

Thanks guys

Injen CAI Part #:SP1331P

Link: Injen SP Cold Air Intake - 360+ Reviews on Injen SP Series Short Ram Intakes
(Second CAI on the list, with longer tube)
I installed mine with the instuctions Injen provided in the box, took me an hour. I love the sound of it, I used a hydro shield that autoanything provided but idk what size it was.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I can email u the instructions if you don't have them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice. But for me with my experience and my thoughts I'd rather stay with stock just the fact that I don't like water splashing on the cone filter down below and having the engine suck in some water! It'll prob be ok but I'm just extra cautious and anal about CAIs. Lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm doing the comparison ATM on my short ram and stock. Just a few more miles then I'm doing the 2.0T air box change over and doing a comparison on that too. Just remember the vehicle is tuned on the factory box. To fully use the benefit from any mods, a tune would be #1 bang for buck. This applies to ALL VEHICLES. 2500 more miles til I get to do my first Blackstone lab send in ( FYI-free flow filters like cotton glazed tend to raise silicon values on oil test results indicating loose dirt/dust passing through into the engine).

Read link to more info on silicon- High Silicon in Engine Oil Analysis

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Man I just can not justify spending that much money on a CAI when you can make one that works just as well for easily 1/8 of that price.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm doing the comparison ATM on my short ram and stock. Just a few more miles then I'm doing the 2.0T air box change over and doing a comparison on that too. Just remember the vehicle is tuned on the factory box. To fully use the benefit from any mods, a tune would be #1 bang for buck. This applies to ALL VEHICLES. 2500 more miles til I get to do my first Blackstone lab send in ( FYI-free flow filters like cotton glazed tend to raise silicon values on oil test results indicating loose dirt/dust passing through into the engine).

Read link to more info on silicon- High Silicon in Engine Oil Analysis
IMO you make an important and often overlooked point in that mods such as this can most likely cause a decrease in performance, etc. unless you go the fairly expensive and not so easy proper retuning of the ECM. Also, you already have about the best you can do with the stock system which is really a CAI to begin with and doesn't take air from either the engine compartment or close to the ground where the temps can be higher than where the stock intake is.

Larry

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man I just can not justify spending that much money on a CAI when you can make one that works just as well for easily 1/8 of that price.
Exactly. My spectre pieces I had laying around and a nismo filter to top off my ghetto SRI for the sonata. Piece by piece with a little vacuum mods would guesstimate in around 50-60 dollars. The nismo filter was free from a buddy. =)

·
Registered
54 Posts
IMO you make an important and often overlooked point in that mods such as this can most likely cause a decrease in performance, etc. unless you go the fairly expensive and not so easy proper retuning of the ECM. Also, you already have about the best you can do with the stock system which is really a CAI to begin with and doesn't take air from either the engine compartment or close to the ground where the temps can be higher than where the stock intake is.

Larry
Just remember that hours of R&D goes into the development of this generation of advance automobiles. Though some improvements can be obtain, it would not make sense to expect great gains with reliability. Paper filters does its job well and though the routing is long for the 2.4l intake system....it works by pulling cooler air and increasing much needed low end 4 cylinder NA torque. The sound of a aftermarket intake, though is pleasant can become an annoyance after awhile.

A rule of thumb for Automobile Manufactures is to make sure the ECU parameters are always on the low side of a rich mixture. That is how you can save a motor from a heavy footed owner. Very easy for tuners to alter this to make some gains.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The best mod would be a tune and bump up the timing and tune it for premium that's where ya can see real gains and deffinatly feel the increase!

·
Registered
249 Posts
The best mod would be a tune and bump up the timing and tune it for premium that's where ya can see real gains and deffinatly feel the increase!
How much do you think a tune would cost for that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to this.

I'm looking for a good Exhaust system for my 2011 Sonata 2.4L. Does any one have any good advise. I just started to work on my sonata and all I have is an injen cold air intake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts