Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
As rare as ECU failures are, I'd be looking for one in what we call a 'junkyard' here. Let the dealer sort out the VIN issue and manage the rest of the work yourself or at an independent shop.
Yes i can find it in the junkyard but since 2005 the vin is hardcoded so my hyundai dealer could not do anything. but i talked to a ECU repair shop in sweden and they are gona check if it is possible to move some chip to transfer the vin and info to the one from the junkyard. i have also found a new on Koraps for 610 Euro and the dealer wants 90 to replace it and code the vin.

The mechanic told me to try and find it on the internet becaus parts are ridiculously expensive in sweden. A fuel filter costs 250 euro for my car in sweden when i found a new oem in england for 38 euro.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
almost 1 year has gone and i have not changed the ecu. Im having trouble to belive what the hyundai mechanic said that the ECU is the fault, i have not talked to them more because they decided to drop as a Hyundai dealer a few weeks after.

Why should i get misfire on cylinder #2 and #4 if only #2 looses ground on the injector and why does not the ecu detect this misfire when i drive. Only at idle.

And why does bank 1 have 11.7% LTFT and bank 2 -14.1% when this happends?.

As some talked about. Could it even be possible that somehow the o2 sensors connections could be swapped on bank1 and 2?. Do the wires get close to each other anywhere except inside the ecu?.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,422 Posts
Could it even be possible that somehow the o2 sensors connections could be swapped on bank1 and 2?. Do the wires get close to each other anywhere except inside the ecu?
No.

The bank 1 O2 connectors are at the rear left of the engine near the bulkhead and the Bank 2 O2 connectors are at the front right, near the radiator.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just to get this out of my head i unpluged the O2 sensor 1 by the radiator/fan (Front of the car).. This should give me a fault code about O2 sensor 1 bank 2 right?.. Why does he give me codes on Bank 1 Sensor 2 ??.

Check the attached image.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,422 Posts
I don't see any attached image but I'll take your word for it.

Personally, I wouldn't go by what the trouble codes say.

The way I would confirm that the sensors are connected properly is use the scan tool data display to monitor the sensor voltages. With the ignition on, disconnect each sensor and ground the signal terminal on the harness connector while monitoring the sensor voltages to make sure the display show the correct sensor voltage drop to zero volts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Torsson, since you have the 2.7 litre... with the two banks showing different fuel trim values... have you seen this?

Its two mechanics troubleshooting the same issue with a 2.7.

part 1:

part 2:

the final conclusion is rather shocking to say the least.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Torsson, since you have the 2.7 litre... with the two banks showing different fuel trim values... have you seen this?

Its two mechanics troubleshooting the same issue with a 2.7.

part 1:

part 2:

the final conclusion is rather shocking to say the least.
I found the problem. The camshaft had been eating some metal and someone had removed the head and reinstalled it with only 1 guidepin so the head was moving around quite a bit and or missaligned. After getting refurb head and cam, getting a new guide pin and putting the car together the car has been running perfekt for 5-6 months now with no misfires or anything.

So the diagnose my dealer did and found out the ECU for 2000$ needed to be replaced was wrong.

I will attach pics of the with the missing metal and the missing guide pin.

Now if this was exacly the problem or upcoming problems i dont know. when reinstalling the head i replaced all the gaskets, spark plugs, belts etc may have fixed some leaks (Even though garage smoked it for leaks and nothing was found). I am not a mecanic whatsoever so how i managed to do this and not even a nut or bolt was missing is a mystery.

Total i spent about 1000$ with all the parts including the timing belt that was overdue but i did not want to replace until the car was fixed.Was it worth it maby not but i had become addicted to find out what was going on with the car

Attachments

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I am impressed with your tenacity in finally fixing this. I had a lexus with a bad transmission that sat in my driveway for 8 months before I found a transmission cheap enough to do it in situ, so I understand how happy you must be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
wow... what a nice ending to a terrible story. i am glad you are back to enjoying your CM at the least. Thanks for updating us.

I found the problem. The camshaft had been eating some metal and someone had removed the head and reinstalled it with only 1 guidepin so the head was moving around quite a bit and or missaligned. After getting refurb head and cam, getting a new guide pin and putting the car together the car has been running perfekt for 5-6 months now with no misfires or anything.

So the diagnose my dealer did and found out the ECU for 2000$ needed to be replaced was wrong.

I will attach pics of the with the missing metal and the missing guide pin.

Now if this was exacly the problem or upcoming problems i dont know. when reinstalling the head i replaced all the gaskets, spark plugs, belts etc may have fixed some leaks (Even though garage smoked it for leaks and nothing was found). I am not a mecanic whatsoever so how i managed to do this and not even a nut or bolt was missing is a mystery.

Total i spent about 1000$ with all the parts including the timing belt that was overdue but i did not want to replace until the car was fixed.Was it worth it maby not but i had become addicted to find out what was going on with the car

21 - 31 of 31 Posts