Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just taken delivery of a shiny new Premium SE, very impressed so far. I have read through the manual and hoped to set up the infotainment system radio, phone satnav etc. I appear not to have a manual for this? Phoned dealer and he said it may be only available online now, can't believe that to be true. Appreciate any UK owners input on that.
Other cars I have bought do have a separate manual for these.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Picked up our brand new i10 Go SE yesterday afternoon, which has the 7" sat nav fitted yesterday and we certainly received printed UK manuals for the sat nav. Part number on the back of the manual, is MFL70062709. You'd be pretty lost without them.

Looking just now, the SD card for the system must have also been stored inside the sealed manual, as you can clearly see the indentation where the map SD card was!

Very pleased with the whole car and the responsiveness and in particular, the speed of the in built sat nav/touchscreen system.

Apart from the fact that the salesman had forgotten to insert the SD card into the head unit, he also had to go and get the massive printed manual pack for the Sat nav and another one for the Android Auto/Apple Carplay. They are only massive in pages because they cover loads of languages! The Android Auto/Carplay manual is only a few pages in English to be honest, but describes things like what Android Auto/Carplay are, phone projection etc.

This pack with the two manuals was sealed in a plastic bag. The Car Navigation system for the UK is around 25 pages describing all the things you need to know and although I haven't read it fully, it seems fine. Describes tuning the DAB radio, USB, setting navigation etc. Clearly you should have this.

So in total, we received the owners manual, service record book, Car Navigation system (simple manual) and the Android Auto/Apple Car Play manual (Part number MBM65556016).

The map data it seems though on our car, is out of date on delivery, even though our car was factory produced on the 16th February 2018, arrived into Tilbury and we took delivery yesterday. I have asked them to please (as I asked them to before we even paid a deposit) to install the latest 2018 maps as per the forum post elsewhere about the release of January 2018 maps. I await their response!

It really annoys me when you get fobbed off.

If you need any further photos of the manuals or advice, please just ask.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Picked up our brand new i10 Go SE yesterday afternoon, which has the 7" sat nav fitted yesterday and we certainly received printed UK manuals for the sat nav. Part number on the back of the manual, is MFL70062709. You'd be pretty lost without them.

Looking just now, the SD card for the system must have also been stored inside the sealed manual, as you can clearly see the indentation where the map SD card was!

Very pleased with the whole car and the responsiveness and in particular, the speed of the in built sat nav/touchscreen system.

Apart from the fact that the salesman had forgotten to insert the SD card into the head unit, he also had to go and get the massive printed manual pack for the Sat nav and another one for the Android Auto/Apple Carplay. They are only massive in pages because they cover loads of languages! The Android Auto/Carplay manual is only a few pages in English to be honest, but describes things like what Android Auto/Carplay are, phone projection etc.

This pack with the two manuals was sealed in a plastic bag. The Car Navigation system for the UK is around 25 pages describing all the things you need to know and although I haven't read it fully, it seems fine. Describes tuning the DAB radio, USB, setting navigation etc. Clearly you should have this.

So in total, we received the owners manual, service record book, Car Navigation system (simple manual) and the Android Auto/Apple Car Play manual (Part number MBM65556016).

The map data it seems though on our car, is out of date on delivery, even though our car was factory produced on the 16th February 2018, arrived into Tilbury and we took delivery yesterday. I have asked them to please (as I asked them to before we even paid a deposit) to install the latest 2018 maps as per the forum post elsewhere about the release of January 2018 maps. I await their response!

It really annoys me when you get fobbed off.

If you need any further photos of the manuals or advice, please just ask.

Thanks
Thank you for the quick reply and the information. I did have the car manual in a bag but no infotainment manual. I did see the post about the 2018 map update during the week and asked the dealer to ensure the mapping was up to date. Checked the version, I have EUR.09.47.50.582.002.2(D.C1), frustratingly that looks to be an older version if the info posted is correct. I'll let you know how I get on.
Look forward to reading all the posts on the forum in the coming months.
Be interested to know if anyone has got the latest 2018 maps installed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi 'Rencar'
If you could scan the cover of the manual and post it on the forum I can at least show the dealer they do indeed exist.
Tried all day today to get it resolved but total lack of communication on their part, spoke with a 'manager' at 6pm who promises to get back to me on Monday.
I have managed to get a few things set up by trial and error but not a good start with things 'Hyundai' I'm afraid.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've attached them.

I also took a photo of the contents page of the Navigation manual, so you can see the subjects it covers.

Its not entirely comprehensive, but gets you into most functions of the system!

Do keep us posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply and the information. I did have the car manual in a bag but no infotainment manual. I did see the post about the 2018 map update during the week and asked the dealer to ensure the mapping was up to date. Checked the version, I have EUR.09.47.50.582.002.2(D.C1), frustratingly that looks to be an older version if the info posted is correct. I'll let you know how I get on.
Look forward to reading all the posts on the forum in the coming months.
Be interested to know if anyone has got the latest 2018 maps installed?
As both our cars have exactly the same map version, I suspect they were factory produced at the same time.

Our car is listed as having been factory produced on the 16th February 2018 and is also noted as a 2018 model year. The gap between February 2018 and now, I guess is the ship travel time and then to Tilbury docks holding.

I bought a new Peugeot 3008 last year which came out of the factory build process with maps out of date. Again I asked the dealer to update, but they didn't. Fortunately with Peugeot, you can do it all yourself online and with a USB stick. The Hyundai method requires the dealer to use their SD card.

I actually emailed an extract of the Hyundai UK statement about what is the latest 2018 map version (from the other post) to my Salesperson yesterday, and I await them or their Service department confirming what they will do next.

Reactions: Longshot
1 - 6 of 6 Posts