Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this issue.
Seems every now and then the warning message gets stuck. There is no option to confirm to make it go away. Even shutting the engine off for a few mins doesn't work. Have to shut the car off and go away (shopping or something) for a while before it clears up.
This is super annoying when on a long drive....

Any fixes ?
(Im on the latest update)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Is the "confirm" grayed out as not available or just does not work when you touch it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the "confirm" grayed out as not available or just does not work when you touch it?
Both - greyed out and does not work when you touch it...
Powering off the unit doesnt help. have to turn the engine off for a while before it resets... :(

Use a paper clip or pen and stick it in the reset button next to the CD-IN button for the CD player.
Isn't that just the manual eject if your CD gets stuck?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I'd try that reset button. No harm if it doesn't work beyond perhaps needing to reset your radio preferences and presets. If that doesn't work you could try removing the fuse for a few minutes. This really sounds like a software bug to me, but we do not seem to have others mentioning that they have had it happen and that is unusual for a software bug......

If it continues you'll probably need to visit your Dealer. I'd stop in on a day when the screen is locked just so that they can see it. If it is working normally the first time they see it they may not be able to do anything about it unless a Service Bulletin exists. Might also be helpful if it was left in a failed state the day it actually goes in for service as well......

Only other thought....And this may or may not be possible depending on how often this happens....If you have any phones or other devices paired to the radio and with you when this happens, delete them and then use the vehicle for a while and see if the problem goes away. Ditto if anything is left in the USB drive. Leave that disconnected. Sometimes paired devices or USB devices can screw with the radio as they attempt to pair when the radio is trying to boot up. Software updates to the phone or other device can make it a "new" problem even if you had the phone paired for a long time with no issues. Just something to rule out before spending the time taking it in for service. Have seen it happen on GM entertainment systems......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Next time it does it, try pulling the fuse for the radio for a few minutes to totally remove power from it and do a "hard reset".

·
Registered
877 Posts
Ours has done this since it was new. The head unit was replaced under warranty, this did not solve the problem, but it did reduce the frequency. Now it only happens once in a while. The reset button will clear all presets, it works, but clears everything. We either just drive it that way and use the steering wheel controls to change stations or shut the car off and let it sit for a few minutes. Usually once the system times out after shutting the ignition off, without opening doors, we restart it and it's fine. It is annoying when it happens. I remember seeing another thread about this concern and I kind of remember someone posting that the most recent update seems for the nav system seems to fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts