Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a 5k $ sound quality oriented system in my 2012 2.0 sonata. Front were 1k focal components on a high-end arc audio amp. Sub was a prototype made by TC sounds that sounded awesome on a good image dynamics amp. A processor was taking care of all the time/aligment adjustement. More than 500$ of damplifier deadner was applied everywhere in the car, the front doors themselves had maybe 18-20 sq /ft of deadener. It sounded exceptional in every way.

I totaled that car, and just got my new 2013 model. I won't be doing all these thing on it because too much job. The infinity system is quite impressive for a stock system, just don't expect aftermarket 150db bass from a freeair subwoofer.
The staging ain't bad at all and the front speakers get so low, that's why you all think the sub ain't strong enough. Put your head in your trunk with bassy music and you'll know it works ok for a 8inch freeair sub.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a 2011 2.0T Limited/NO NAV here in Canada. It has the Dimension audio system and I quite like it! Much better than my 98 accord I traded - but then again - it had a tape deck... So.... yeah, a disc man and some headphones in 98 was better.

Since I don't have the nav (also note - we don't have HD radio here in Canada) - do I still have the dynamic EQ settings? I have never seen them in the sound menu's before. Perhaps I am missing something?

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I had a 5k $ sound quality oriented system in my 2012 2.0 sonata. Front were 1k focal components on a high-end arc audio amp. Sub was a prototype made by TC sounds that sounded awesome on a good image dynamics amp. A processor was taking care of all the time/aligment adjustement. More than 500$ of damplifier deadner was applied everywhere in the car, the front doors themselves had maybe 18-20 sq /ft of deadener. It sounded exceptional in every way.

I totaled that car, and just got my new 2013 model. I won't be doing all these thing on it because too much job. The infinity system is quite impressive for a stock system, just don't expect aftermarket 150db bass from a freeair subwoofer.
The staging ain't bad at all and the front speakers get so low, that's why you all think the sub ain't strong enough. Put your head in your trunk with bassy music and you'll know it works ok for a 8inch freeair sub.
I think the best thing you can do for this car is dyno mat (or equivalent) and padding some of the vibration points. Once thats done I think most will be quite impressed with the sound quality. If your goal is to impress the people 2 cars over I've got nothing for you since I at some point will be in one of those 2 cars and don't care to hear your music. :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
...If your goal is to impress the people 2 cars over I've got nothing for you since I at some point will be in one of those 2 cars and don't care to hear your music. :D
Very true.... I love hearing someone's shitbox Civic rattling to all **** with a fart cannon strapped to the back.

·
Registered
364 Posts
So can anyone please confirm on the Canadian NON NAV Dimension system whether they have this variable EQ bs? I do not.

The only sound settings I have on my 2011 Sonata as mentioned above is Bass, treble and middle I believe. No fancy dynamic settings like Concert, dynamic etc.

Looking for confirmation from another Canadian owner. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
So can anyone please confirm on the Canadian NON NAV Dimension system whether they have this variable EQ bs? I do not.

The only sound settings I have on my 2011 Sonata as mentioned above is Bass, treble and middle I believe. No fancy dynamic settings like Concert, dynamic etc.

Looking for confirmation from another Canadian owner. Thank you.
I don't think it matters. The nav system has 3 adjustments and the none nav has the eq.

X

·
0 Posts
I would question whether 400 watts are required to have a decent sound system. As well younger individuals that have bass rattling my home windows, as they drive by, serves a purpose that wouldn't entertain me now.

However, back in the day many moons ago I had a pair of 6x9 Jenson co-axial, external amplifier and a kickin' bi-directional cassette. I can still relive the Electric Light Orchestra laying down Nightrider. Backward masking, cellos and they were British backed by an orchestra.

Fire On High - Elo (Youtube Edition) Full - YouTube

So much for my lame old creds. The dimension isn't bad. I listen to old tunes and most of it is jazz. Granted, I adjusted the mix and w/sunroof open, windows down it could use a bit more. Closed up or only the sunroof open it supplies plenty of volume for me and my style of music.

Also, I remember AC-Delco units supplied from the factory and the magic of FM, so take my opinion at risk.
Ha ha! agreed! I have the standard system in my grocery getter but would like to have a bit more bass. Nothing obtrusive just a bit more depth to the existing sound system

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello - has anyone had experience with a blank screen on a Dimension radio in a 2011 Limited with no navigation? Radio, CD, and even iPhone produces sound but I cannot see time, temp, channel, track, or anything else. Dealer says the only option is to change the radio at almost $900... A second opinion would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello - has anyone had experience with a blank screen on a Dimension radio in a 2011 Limited with no navigation? Radio, CD, and even iPhone produces sound but I cannot see time, temp, channel, track, or anything else. Dealer says the only option is to change the radio at almost $900... A second opinion would be most appreciated.
I ran into the same situation. I finally pulled the old display out and searched online for a used one using the part number listed on the back - check out eBay or just Google the part number. You can also find instructions for removing the display on YouTube - takes just a few minutes. Anyway, I picked up a used one from a salvage yard (found by searching online for part number) for around $175 - a lot for a simple display, but a whole lot less than the $700+ that the dealer wanted for a new one. You can also just search for wrecks online and see if they have the display. You need to make sure that you have the correct part number though, as they changed the part (number) mid-year. Not sure that they are compatible. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ran into the same situation. I finally pulled the old display out and searched online for a used one using the part number listed on the back - check out eBay or just Google the part number. You can also find instructions for removing the display on YouTube - takes just a few minutes. Anyway, I picked up a used one from a salvage yard (found by searching online for part number) for around $175 - a lot for a simple display, but a whole lot less than the $700+ that the dealer wanted for a new one. You can also just search for wrecks online and see if they have the display. You need to make sure that you have the correct part number though, as they changed the part (number) mid-year. Not sure that they are compatible. Good luck!!!
Thanks Dman!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've searched for days but not getting the info i need, I have a 2013 Sonata Limited with the Dimension sound, everything is factory stock but recently the Subwoofer Stopped working, i could smell it burning up the day it stopped. all other speakers work perfectly, My question is which subwoofer can i buy to replace the stock one and put in the same stock location ? The factory oem hyundai subwoofer is like $200+ but for that price i can upgrade it, im just looking for a oem factory replacement or aftermarket to replace, i have no interest in upgrading anything at all i just want to replace the Free air blown subwoofer and keep everything else as is. I appreciate any responses. i did a quick search on amazon for 8 inch free air subs and i see pyramid and boss and pyle, skar audio and many more but not sure the specs or which one will work with the factory amp\radio ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i appreciate the response! thank you, only thing i need to know now is should i get a 2 ohm or 4 ohm since everything else is factory

·
Registered
8 Posts
i appreciate the response! thank you, only thing i need to know now is should i get a 2 ohm or 4 ohm since everything else is factory

21 - 35 of 35 Posts