Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and have been looking to purchase a '11 Sonata. So. Excited.

Anyway I think I have most things figured out (SE, Sunroof/Nav). The one question I do have for you all is the exact color of "Indigo Blue Pearl." On the Hyundai website it basically looks like a pure blue, but its always difficult to tell under daylight conditions and what not. When I went to test drive one, there was none with this color so I was wondering if one of you with this color could tell me the proximity of the actual color to the color on the following:

http://www.fathead.com/college/duke-blue-d...p;zmap=21-00929

The hex value is: #00009C, just in case it helps.

Any help would, of course, be appreciated.

P.S. After quite a bit of negotiating, I was able to get the price out-the-door for the above vehicle to be $24,000. Is this comprable to what other people have been getting? I feel like I did ok when considering online pricing and comparisons to a few purchase guides. Should I bargain some more or do you think I've gotten a good enough deal?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was wondering about that color also. I did see one in person, i liked it but it wasn't for me. I bought a harbor grey se for $21,500(no nav or sunroof). Some dealers will give you a $500 owner loyality rebate if you already own a hyundai. We have a 08 santa fe, which now I'm trying to sell....

·
Registered
15 Posts
QUOTE (BlueDevil @ Apr 20 2010, 02:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314834
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and have been looking to purchase a '11 Sonata. So. Excited.

Anyway I think I have most things figured out (SE, Sunroof/Nav). The one question I do have for you all is the exact color of "Indigo Blue Pearl." On the Hyundai website it basically looks like a pure blue, but its always difficult to tell under daylight conditions and what not. When I went to test drive one, there was none with this color so I was wondering if one of you with this color could tell me the proximity of the actual color to the color on the following:

P.S. After quite a bit of negotiating, I was able to get the price out-the-door for the above vehicle to be $24,000. Is this comprable to what other people have been getting? I feel like I did ok when considering online pricing and comparisons to a few purchase guides. Should I bargain some more or do you think I've gotten a good enough deal?

When you say out the door? Is that the price before tax, tag & title or after? Though it sounds like a good deal, we need to know the price of the car before tax, tag, title as those vary by locale.

·
Registered
426 Posts
That was the color I liked until seeing in person. Don't get me wrong, is still a great color, but it has much more of a purple hue to it in the sun then what I wanted. went with the Pearl white.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I am personally a big fan of that color, but not in the Sonata.

It looks like something more appropriate for a recent college grad's Corolla.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (BlueDevil @ Apr 20 2010, 01:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314834
Hey all,

It's actually just about the color of the key chain in your link.

It's also pretty close to the blue header bars in this forum.

The color changes radically in different light, so you need to study one real close before buying.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (cappla @ Apr 20 2010, 07:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314866
When you say out the door? Is that the price before tax, tag & title or after? Though it sounds like a good deal, we need to know the price of the car before tax, tag, title as those vary by locale.
The quote I'm getting is: $22,593.44 for the car itself (SE w/ Sunroof/Nav), taxes is $677.80, documentation fee is $599.88, electronic filling fee is $59.88, and a new tag is $69. Total of the car out the door is $24,000.00.

With that in mind, how is this compared to deals other people have been getting?

I thought out-the-door meant the price for everything associated with leaving with the car in hand; is this not so?

As for the actual color of the car, that seems fairly shocking to me that it would show purple in the sun. I will have to do some more research before I buy this car.

Edit: I was reading the other threads on this forum and stumbled across this additionally:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t47434-my-new-sonata-se.htm

The owner of this car states that it is Indigo Blue Pearl and it is the color I'm looking for. Acknowledging the fact that there is a fair degree of overcast in all the pictures, are people who claim it illuminates purple saying it looks significantly different from this in sunlight?

Thanks again for all the help guys.

·
Registered
652 Posts
QUOTE (BlueDevil @ Apr 20 2010, 02:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315014
The quote I'm getting is: $22,593.44 for the car itself (SE w/ Sunroof/Nav), taxes is $677.80, documentation fee is $599.88, electronic filling fee is $59.88, and a new tag is $69. Total of the car out the door is $24,000.00.

With that in mind, how is this compared to deals other people have been getting?

I thought out-the-door meant the price for everything associated with leaving with the car in hand; is this not so?

As for the actual color of the car, that seems fairly shocking to me that it would show purple in the sun. I will have to do some more research before I buy this car.

Edit: I was reading the other threads on this forum and stumbled across this additionally:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t47434-my-new-sonata-se.htm

The owner of this car states that it is Indigo Blue Pearl and it is the color I'm looking for. Acknowledging the fact that there is a fair degree of overcast in all the pictures, are people who claim it illuminates purple saying it looks significantly different from this in sunlight?

Thanks again for all the help guys.
Yeah, it looks a lot different than that. If it resembled that color all the time, I would have given it stronger consideration.

To me, it looks like what would have been a color choice on the original Dodge Neons. Just not classy enough for this car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm a research junky so one of the things I did was scour the internet for good pictures in various lighting conditions of the different colors. I have folders with a picture of the car in each color so I could quickly jump back and forth to make the best judgement. THere are many of the Indigo Blue Sonata's near me so I've seen them up close. I'd say that this picture is a pretty accurate representation. As others have pointed out, when you are up close in direct sunlight you can also see a very slight tint of purple accents as the light refracts. It is a gorgeous color, but to me it just didn't seem to fit the styling of the car for some reason.

[attachment=17506:H0238661_2_.jpg]
[attachment=17507:H0238661_15_.jpg]

QUOTE (BlueDevil @ Apr 20 2010, 01:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314834
Hey all,

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (vewdew @ Apr 20 2010, 03:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315027
I'm a research junky so one of the things I did was scour the internet for good pictures in various lighting conditions of the different colors. I have folders with a picture of the car in each color so I could quickly jump back and forth to make the best judgement. THere are many of the Indigo Blue Sonata's near me so I've seen them up close. I'd say that this picture is a pretty accurate representation. As others have pointed out, when you are up close in direct sunlight you can also see a very slight tint of purple accents as the light refracts. It is a gorgeous color, but to me it just didn't seem to fit the styling of the car for some reason.

[attachment=17506:H0238661_2_.jpg]
[attachment=17507:H0238661_15_.jpg]
Hey, thanks vewdew. That's the exact color I'm looking for in the exact picture I'm looking for. It looks like there is plenty of sun and the color is awesome. I really don't see purple but that may be an artifact of actually having the sunlight in your eyes rather than a reproduced picture.

In any case I will definitely see the car in person before I buy it. Hoping to have the car by this weekend... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are a couple of additional angles of my Indigo Blue Sonata SE, both are taken in similar conditions but different location. And I agree with vewdew's description of the color. From a distance, the car looks blue but as you get up close and look at the car from different angles, there is a clear purplish tint to the color.

I think the color looks great on the car. I guess it depends on your own taste.

[attachment=17509:sonata.JPG] [attachment=17510:IMG_1045.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
I do, but not in direct sunlight, which makes evaluating that particular color essentially pointless. As with any other color, I would expect that it is much more revealing and attractive in the sunlight, but I've not seen one of those in person. In the overcast photo I have it just looks like a dirty black car. :grin:

I didn't look that hard for one because any form of black was completely off my list of acceptable colors. I own a black Tahoe right now and I won't ever make that mistake again. Unless you enjoy washing your car every other day, they make for a very frustrating ownership experience. Throw in having to buff out even the slightest of scuffs that would be virtually invisible on any other color, and you end up with one high maintenance ride.

QUOTE (Hues @ Apr 20 2010, 03:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315042
vewdew...Might you have any similar pics of the Black Plum?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts