Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2005 Accent last week. When I bought it I noticed that the drivers side flasher was blinking fast, the rear light worked but the front didn't so I figured I just needed to replace the front bulb. After doing so the drivers side blinker was still blinking fast and the front blinker was still not working, replacement bulb is definitely good because the bulb is lit up when the park lights are on. Also after I replaced the drivers side bulb the passenger side indicator bulb would not light up with the park lights on, but it will work when the indicator is turned. Any ideas of what's going on?

·
Registered
669 Posts
That has all the earmarks of a poor Ground/Earth connection.

The Left side lights have a common Ground point on the fender inner well. Attached pic shows location. Inspect carefully for corrosion/loose terminals.

Still no joy, post back.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked the ground wiring everything is okay. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
669 Posts
There are 2 wires in the socket for the turn signal bulb, Blu and Blk.

Take a short length of jumper wire (any size wire will do). Touch one end to clean chassis Ground. Touch other end to the socket terminal where the Blk is connected. (Leave the socket and wires connected to the bulb.)

If that cures the problem and the bulb now flashes, then there is an open circuit in the Blk wire between the socket and the fender Ground point.

If that does not solve it, connect multimeter to chassis Ground and to the Blu wire on the socket. Indicate for Left turn. If the meter shows 12V (intermittent), then power is reaching the bulb socket.
If no voltage, then the Blu wire will need to be traced back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts