Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Hyundai Venue that recently received it's first oil change at about 8k miles. Oil change was done by a dealership.

Immediately after receiving the car back I noticed an increase in engine noise and vibration when both of these conditions are true:
1. Under 1800 rpm
2. Medium to high engine load.

I took it back to the dealer and the service manager looked at me like I was crazy. Understandable, since the performance of an oil change shouldn't involve any component that might cause these symptoms. On the other hand, the service manager told me in certain terms that if there isn't an engine light then nothing could possibly be wrong with the vehicle, which raises the question about the competency of the service manager and any mechanics working under her supervision. In any case, the dealership made no credible effort to diagnose the issue, so, I'm on my own until I seek out the opinion of a private mechanic.

Any hypothesis about what could have happened here, or similar experience?

·
Registered
2015 Sonata Limited 2.4 GDI non turbo 40k miles
191 Posts
If the oil level is good not much you can do. Assuming they've used a different oil grade it shouldn't make a noticeable difference. There may always happen things like they forgot a wrench on the engine causing a rattle or maybe the engine cover is not properly secured or some heatshield is rattling. As for the check engine light answer, it's a way to close the conversation. Generally speaking they would not investigate until there's some clear evidence such as loud noise or severe oil consumption.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts