Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to add a couple inches ground clearence to my 2013 Accent. My driveway has a bit of a dip and the local grocery stores are behind a very deep dip that I scrape every time. I recently bought new tires as the old ones were worn and this has helped. Though I didn't think to buy bigger tires which would have helped.

It looks like a "simple" strut spacer would be sufficient. Ideally I would like to do this myself but have no experience. So here are my two questions.

1. What would be the most cost effective method for adding a couple inches for day to day driving? No off road and no extreme driving.
2. Should I attempt it myself, or just pay my mechanic so I don't damage my limbs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aside from increasing the tire size, I think there's no other way unless you want to trade your car for an SUV.
I was hoping to add a couple inches, nothing crazy, with something like this

The only thing is I was unable to find any how-tos that would show me whether or not I am able to do this myself.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
You can easily get an inch and probaly correct yur speedometer reading with some next size up profile tires. I went from 19" 40 series to 18" 50 series and got an inch more clearance on my Gen Coupe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can easily get an inch and probaly correct yur speedometer reading with some next size up profile tires. I went from 19" 40 series to 18" 50 series and got an inch more clearance on my Gen Coupe.
How did you know my speedometer was off? By any chance a common issue? :unsure:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought tires so not willing to spend the cash for larger tires right now. So the question is what kind of effort is needed for installing the following? Some videos I watched mentioned removing break lines, or using straps to keep the suspension under pressure. What I want to figure out is if I could do it myself, or if I need to find someone that knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to add a couple inches ground clearence to my 2013 Accent. My driveway has a bit of a dip and the local grocery stores are behind a very deep dip that I scrape every time. I recently bought new tires as the old ones were worn and this has helped. Though I didn't think to buy bigger tires which would have helped.

It looks like a "simple" strut spacer would be sufficient. Ideally I would like to do this myself but have no experience. So here are my two questions.

1. What would be the most cost effective method for adding a couple inches for day to day driving? No off road and no extreme driving.
2. Should I attempt it myself, or just pay my mechanic so I don't damage my limbs?
Wheel ramps come in handy well they helped me‼

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, look how I solved my question!

Надіслано із мого iPad за допомогою Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts