Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am trying to find out how many people are having problems with their Hyundai Built-In Sat Nav, which has had the latest software update and installed by Hyundai agent.

Any information you provided I will forward to Hyundai UK to help improve Sat Nav and maps updates etc, please also provide your car model and year eg i10 SE Premium 1.2 December 2017 with the following :-

(1) Shows Incorrect Road Speed Limit ?
Please give the displayed and actual speed limit, location, Road Name / Number etc e.g. 40 mph displayed, actual 30 mph, Havant Road A3023 North Hayling to Mill Rythe round about, Speed limit changed in 2015.

(2) Is an audible warning provided when a speed limit is exceeded.? Do think this is or would be helpful or essential ?

(3) House Number not accepted with using Postcode to find destinations ? Do you have Examples etc?

(4) Inaccuracy of POI (places of interest ), e.g. navigates to a destination half a mile away from the actual.

(4) Any other Issues ?

Thank you:nerd:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Built in navigation systems are always going to be inaccurate, due to the infrequency of updates. Map applications on your phone, or a good standalone nav system with updates are always more recently updated and will have fewer inaccuracies.

·
Registered
413 Posts
1) Never trust a machine to display the correct speed limits. Use your eyes and watch the road signs. They are what defines a speed limit. Sure way to get a speeding ticket otherwise.
2) See 1 above and use those 'eyes' to also watch your speedo. People have been driving, without speeding, for literally years, by using their eyes and adjusting their right foot so as to maintain their vehicle at a speed that is appropriate to the speed signs.
3) Not an issue. Drive to street. Use eyes to locate house number.
4) Within half a mile is good. Then use those eye things again.
4) Another 4?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts