Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2002 accent, 1.5L 16v. So the story is the other day my fiancé was driving home and about 200m after she took off, the front wheels chirped all of a sudden and then she noticed it was lacking power. It was still moving along ok and got her home, however it didn't have enough grunt to even get up our steep driveway. I went outside and turned the car off and on again, then all of a sudden the problem was gone and the car drove fine up our driveway. To me this sounded like a sensor or computer issue, although no warning lights are coming up on the dash at all. The next day when driving it, it gradually lost more and more power as the drive went on, but didn't seem as bad as the first day. And again turning the engine off and on again seems to resolve the problem short term. My only thoughts are possibly the maf sensor or the trp sensor. But I'm not really sure. Anyone had this issue and can shed some light or any ideas people?

·
Registered
548 Posts
1st thing to do is to take it to your local chain parts store like Advance or Autozone and check for codes for free (which includes pending and historical codes) regardless if check engine light "CEL" is on. Also know that just because CEL is not on does not mean there are no codes. Right now it's too soon too tell and too many issues it could be.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
^^ good advice! wouldn't hurt to take a good inspection under the hood for loose wires or anything else that seems amiss, but i think you may have to play the waiting game.

just don't go replacing parts at random.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts