Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Two new problem I just found out with my new Aug 2017 in dash GPS map.

I just bought the newest map in Aug 2017 for my 2016 Sonata Hybrid.
It seems the map does not have the newly made bridge American Highway, in Allentown, PA. The Tighman St. bridge is out and does not look like it's getting fixed anytime soon. But even Google maps does not have it marked closed. The detour is American Parkway that Google shows, but according to my "current" map, I was driving on dirt and flying over the Lehigh River. This bridge is at least a years old ! Don't they put them on the maps before they are open ? I just checked the care GPS map to be sure, the road ends before the bridge... $160 to upgrade to get newest roads they say.

I Went to Easton, PA to visit a place. I then put in the address, 559 Main St. Bethlehem, PA. This is suppose to be the Bethlehem Brew Works. The GPS took me to Freemansburg, not Bethlehem, PA. Google Maps gets it right, this version GPS map brought me to a different town and says "I have arrived ?". I took a photo of the screen. I used this GPS to go to this place before, this new map version has a problem. I'm reporting the errors to the company. I already reported the RT 95 exit changes in NJ and PA the GPS company did not know about.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Two new problem I just found out with my new Aug 2017 in dash GPS map.

I just bought the newest map in Aug 2017 for my 2016 Sonata Hybrid.
It seems the map does not have the newly made bridge American Highway, in Allentown, PA. The Tighman St. bridge is out and does not look like it's getting fixed anytime soon. But even Google maps does not have it marked closed. The detour is American Parkway that Google shows, but according to my "current" map, I was driving on dirt and flying over the Lehigh River. This bridge is at least a years old ! Don't they put them on the maps before they are open ? I just checked the care GPS map to be sure, the road ends before the bridge... $160 to upgrade to get newest roads they say.

I Went to Easton, PA to visit a place. I then put in the address, 559 Main St. Bethlehem, PA. This is suppose to be the Bethlehem Brew Works. The GPS took me to Freemansburg, not Bethlehem, PA. Google Maps gets it right, this version GPS map brought me to a different town and says "I have arrived ?". I took a photo of the screen. I used this GPS to go to this place before, this new map version has a problem. I'm reporting the errors to the company. I already reported the RT 95 exit changes in NJ and PA the GPS company did not know about.
My experience with car navigation is it can take two years before a road shows up on an update.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Update: I checked the address that was wrong by trying it again in my Aug 2017 updated map. They have changed thing. This newest map does things a bit different then the former map and my wife's 2014 SFS. In hers I put in the town, then street, then it asks for street number, that's all.

In the updated map, when you put in the street, it seems that Bethlehem, PA has a couple of zip codes. The 3 zip codes displayed goes into a few streets of Bethlehem. Within those 3 zip codes, there are 3 Main Streets. So on this updated map version you get a list of these address numbers you can pick and it shows the zip codes next to the possible addresses. Too bad the top one, the I chose, is in a different town, but does have a Main St. but in a nearby town. The middle one is the correct zip code, the last one again has a few streets in Bethlehem, and that zip code also has a Main St. listed. So in towns with multiple zip codes and identical street namess within that zip code, you will get a list and have to figure out what zip code you want. I chose poorly.
P.S. Now the preview showed the images correctly, yet once you post, they go sideways.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts