Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a long story, but after 38 days my 2011 Black SE was T-boned by an idiot who ran a stop sign doing 60MPH. Needless to say, the Sonata faired worse that I did, however after 10 weeks I still have major effects from the collision. My insurance replaced the SE (I got a Black limited) as the idiot was uninsured.

I am expecting to settle my UM claim shortly and am seriously considering upgrading to a Genesis. I'm somewhat confused as to what changes, if any, well be occurring for 2011. One site says a 5.0 V8 and another says 8 speed tranny. No word on any styling changes that I can find.

I am totally impressed by the reworking of the Sonata and am wondering if Hyundai may be considering a major rework of the Genesis. If so, it may be advantageous to wait til 2012. I am really impressed by Hyundai, and the value of the Genesis, but I have a bit of doubt as to whether I should do it now or wait.

I would, of course, get a black V8.

CC

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE (CCltd @ Aug 20 2010, 05:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350754
It's a long story, but after 38 days my 2011 Black SE was T-boned by an idiot who ran a stop sign doing 60MPH. Needless to say, the Sonata faired worse that I did, however after 10 weeks I still have major effects from the collision. My insurance replaced the SE (I got a Black limited) as the idiot was uninsured.

I am expecting to settle my UM claim shortly and am seriously considering upgrading to a Genesis. I'm somewhat confused as to what changes, if any, well be occurring for 2011. One site says a 5.0 V8 and another says 8 speed tranny. No word on any styling changes that I can find.

I am totally impressed by the reworking of the Sonata and am wondering if Hyundai may be considering a major rework of the Genesis. If so, it may be advantageous to wait til 2012. I am really impressed by Hyundai, and the value of the Genesis, but I have a bit of doubt as to whether I should do it now or wait.

I would, of course, get a black V8.

CC
As far as I know, the 2011 Genesis models are very little different from the 2010s.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts