Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fed up with Hyundai! I brought an i20 last September on the scrappage scheme. It took around 3 months to arrive but they had ordered me the wrong colour and model. When i finally got it, it developed clutch judder at 2,500 miles. A whole new clutch unit had to be fitted. Now after 5,000 miles the malfunction indicator light has come on and a loss of power. Back to the dealership and they seem to think there is a problem with weak engine valve springs so i have booked it in again for another strip down. I'm not very happy at all :rant2:

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums andy :00000732:

the long delivery wait and indeed the clutch judder has been an issue and there has been many posts on the forums about this. however the other issue you have is not common, do you know what the fault code was that triggered the CEL ?......weak valve springs would not trigger the light and is in fact very uncommon, keep us posted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Montego @ May 14 2010, 07:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322788
welcome to the forums andy :00000732:

the long delivery wait and indeed the clutch judder has been an issue and there has been many posts on the forums about this. however the other issue you have is not common, do you know what the fault code was that triggered the CEL ?......weak valve springs would not trigger the light and is in fact very uncommon, keep us posted
Hi Montego,

I don't know what fault code triggered the CEL, all that i know is that when the light flashes the car appears to run on three cylinders. The Hyundai mechanic told me he was certain that it was weak valve springs, causing them to stick in their seats, a fault which is just coming to light on these i20 1.2 engines. The car is booked in at the dealership next week for a full investigation of the fault. I'am not happy that a new engine has got to be stripped down! I'll keep you posted on the outcome

1 - 3 of 3 Posts