Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Once in last winter, I tried a sharp turn in an open space. It fish-tailed a little bit but corrected it rightaway. Dont try this at home.
All those acronyms seems to be working well.
You should at least get snow tires if you are in doublt of your other half's driving.:)

·
Registered
316 Posts
+1 on dedicated snow tires: they make all the difference in control and traction, on any car. The OP's area of NJ is not exactly a snow free belt...If the OP doesn't want the tire changing gorillas hammering on his oe rims twice a year, pick up a set of crap Oh steel wheels with dedicated snow tires, for the season.

The DIY swap is about a half hour in the driveway or garage, or cake at the corner tire joint.
GL, mD

·
Registered
166 Posts
Equipped with good snow tires.. and AWD the Tucson is really really good! As Newtech said the vehicle stability control is excellent and does exactly what its supposed to do. That is keeps your ass in line when the car gets a little loose in the rear.

BUT turning all these systems off is when you can have some real fun... drifting with traction and stability turned off, that is of course with AWD to get the 4 wheel sideways drifts going... obviously done safely in open areas and not on busy public streets or anything :) The winter is certainly time i get to have fun in the Tucson for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts