Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Neo i Members. I have a weird issue with my radio and I'm not sure if its designed this way or I am just having an issue.

I have always used the PolNav software that comes with the unit and haven't had an issue before but I tried to find map updates for my county and found out that its going to be bigger than Ben Hur.

So I decided to try out some other software, DesNav, from recommendation off another forum member a while back. Software loads great and all works nicely on the unit EXCEPT for one thing. Once the navigation software has loaded and you are on route its fine, then if you try to play music from ANY source, you cannot return to the navigation and stay there. It keeps being kicked out of the software and back into the source that's currently playing.

The navigation continues in the background however you cannot stay in navigation full screen whilst you have music playing. Its frustrating and i would like to know if its an issue with my unit or just how these units roll?

Any information would be helpful. I mean its not a big deal I can live with the PolNav software but I would like to try others seeing as how this unit underneath is running WinCE

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am using the Neoi and DESNAV in my Accent. For me, DESNAV stays on-screen while music plays in the background (USB flash - Multimedia screen). I have other annoyances with the Neoi unit though. I have contacted Neomotec, but their response is that they will not do a custom unit. I was not able to get them to realize that these are software problems, not customizations. One example; If I do not close the nav software before turning the unit off, the nav configuration can get hosed (configuration gets reset). Of course Neomotec blames the nav software, but I agree with the nav software's comment that the radio software (using WinCE) is the one in control.

Neomotec has not posted ANY updates, so they must think that their software is perfect (not). The unit has potential, but that potential is wasted without Neomotec addressing their problems.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using the Neoi and DESNAV in my Accent. For me, DESNAV stays on-screen while music plays in the background (USB flash - Multimedia screen). I have other annoyances with the Neoi unit though. I have contacted Neomotec, but their response is that they will not do a custom unit. I was not able to get them to realize that these are software problems, not customizations. One example; If I do not close the nav software before turning the unit off, the nav configuration can get hosed (configuration gets reset). Of course Neomotec blames the nav software, but I agree with the nav software's comment that the radio software (using WinCE) is the one in control.

Neomotec has not posted ANY updates, so they must think that their software is perfect (not). The unit has potential, but that potential is wasted without Neomotec addressing their problems.

Thats very strange. I am trying the desnav software and thats the one that I would like to use. I sent him an email yesterday and he replied within a few hours. He is going to have a look into why its happening. He did mention to me that he has more units shipping out soon and they have new software features on them so there may possibly be an update we could get soon?

·
Registered
395 Posts
My last contact was May 16, 2013 with Mr. Shim. An update path to resolve problems would be welcome.

On my unit:
While on the nav screen, when the song on the flash USB changes, the filename is displayed across the top of the screen for about 2 seconds.

Are you kicked off the nav screen at song changes, or is it more frequent?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As soon as anything is playing in the background. I have spoken more with Mr Shim and he has explained to me why this is happening. They are currently working with DesNav engineers to have a look at the issue. There is something that will need reconfiguring in the DesNav software to reduce the amount of CPU and memory usage it requires.

He messaged me only a couple of days ago. I was pretty satisfied with his response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts