Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in love with my YF turbo even more... Its litterally paying for itself in MPG!

averaged this AM on the drive to work- about 40 miles 1 way; 42mpg averaged*:cheers:*

Verified with Bluelink too! the yellow from the attached is from initial warm up and freeway merger.

incase pic doesnt show:
MPG

·
22,793 Posts
This is an interesting viewpoint. While some will voice concerns that they aren't getting the MPG's they anticipated (do we ever?), it may help to review "where they came from." My MPG's will fluctuate from time to time. And I accept that. The important thing I've realized is the pump savings actually help offset a portion of the monthly payment. I get better gas mileage over my previous car, a awesome-looking ride, and no repair bills for the next 10 years/100,000 miles? Bonus!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is an interesting viewpoint. While some will voice concerns that they aren't getting the MPG's they anticipated (do we ever?), it may help to review "where they came from." My MPG's will fluctuate from time to time. And I accept that. The important thing I've realized is the pump savings actually help offset a portion of the monthly payment. I get better gas mileage over my previous car, a awesome-looking ride, and no repair bills for the next 10 years/100,000 miles? Bonus!
Exactly Rich! I came from a 2011 Accord Sedan -base model 5 speed manual.
That thing i had to baby the heck out of to get to 36 MPG! i usually set a side x dollars a month from my expense check through work for mileage reimbursement and its adding up more and more each month; compared to when i had the Honda. A huge win in my book!

·
Registered
330 Posts
...MPG plus the capability of a 0-60MPH in 6.1 seconds and a top speed of 150MPH, truly the best of both worlds. These were many of my attraction to the Sonata 2.0T.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2.0 터보;1926690 said:
...MPG plus the capability of a 0-60MPH in 6.1 seconds and a top speed of 150MPH, truly the best of both worlds. These were many of my attraction to the Sonata 2.0T.
you got that right. that is what sold me on mine. i did this to check since i kept hearing people complain about their mpg... i myself dont see it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I came from a 2002 Grand Prix GTP. The Sonata SE Turbo has:
- more power
- better mileage
- runs on regular

I may not get the published mpg, but it's a lot better than where I came from

·
Registered
685 Posts
I came from a 2002 Grand Prix GTP. The Sonata SE Turbo has:
- more power
- better mileage
- runs on regular

I may not get the published mpg, but it's a lot better than where I came from
I used to own a GTP about 7 years go :) It was also 2002
I have to say I still miss the HUD

·
Registered
559 Posts
No way you're getting 40MPG. I can get mid 30's going down the Ute Pass but goes back to high 20's when I go back up it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No way you're getting 40MPG. I can get mid 30's going down the Ute Pass but goes back to high 20's when I go back up it.
been testing it out and being light on the throttle + cruise control all week and so far its pretty consistent... Just broke 4k miles and 500 miles in on the new oil. Using Rotella T6 5w40.

Driving in the city i leave ECO on, and use paddle shifters to shift to the highest gear I can and coast a lot by keeping distance between the car in front of me and judging the next stop light to time it well.

Not sure if the new synthetic oil has a factor in it but i did see an improvement over the factory "break in" oil. much quieter during startups.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've never gotten close to 40, but I got about 34 on a recent road trip, and that was averaging about 80 mph most of the way. With the power this car has, I can't complain too much.

·
22,793 Posts
I am going from Dallas to Houston on Sunday and I will post what MPG I get. I plan on setting cruise at 70mph.
Stay off the 610. :) Well, maybe not so bad on Sunday. Enjoy the trip. Be safe. Looking forward to your MPG results.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am going from Dallas to Houston on Sunday and I will post what MPG I get. I plan on setting cruise at 70mph.
Averaged 32MPG. What was really telling was the when the speed limit was 65 I was averaging 36-38 depending on going uphill or not. As soon as we went to 70-75MPH the MPG dropped and I was getting 28-32 MPG. Never turned on Active ECO though.

·
Registered
466 Posts
@error666 - I miss the HUD too. I also liked the GPT's ride and suspension better than the SE's, but having said that, the SE is a great car for the money and I appreciate the higher MPG running on regular gas.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was averaging around 23mpg and then I switched to 93 octane and now I'm getting 18.5mpg. I don't know whats going on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Averaged 32MPG. What was really telling was the when the speed limit was 65 I was averaging 36-38 depending on going uphill or not. As soon as we went to 70-75MPH the MPG dropped and I was getting 28-32 MPG. Never turned on Active ECO though.

I'm averaging 32-33 mpg across 7 days of both mixed city and freeway. Mileage drops considerably on the weekends with city driving:-( . I do a hair under 65, and use the sport mode padle shifters to slow down if needed when on the freeway. Even the sales guy didn't believe me when I stop up to BS with him. Took him for a lil trip on his lunch hr and made him a believer too! (He has a Hybrid Sonata) he took
Pics of my average MPG and off the blue link eco coach. Said he was gonna use it as a sales tactic too lol.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm averaging 32-33 mpg across 7 days of both mixed city and freeway. Mileage drops considerably on the weekends with city driving:-( . I do a hair under 65, and use the sport mode padle shifters to slow down if needed when on the freeway. Even the sales guy didn't believe me when I stop up to BS with him. Took him for a lil trip on his lunch hr and made him a believer too! (He has a Hybrid Sonata) he took
Pics of my average MPG and off the blue link eco coach. Said he was gonna use it as a sales tactic too lol.
32-33 from the computer is about 30mpg hand calculated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not the only one that noticed improved MPG with Synthetic. I have been averaging 22 in the city and 34 on the highway. With all the weather a lot of it has been idling so im not sad in the least. I know what the car is capable of...On the One lap in 2012, my 2011 2.0t frequently ran in the high 30's at 80+mpg with a loaded trunk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mileage per Tank

Unless the odemeter is inaccurate, I've been getting 505-530
miles per tank. Which is incredible.. Sometimes I'll have fun with the
Turbo.. But for the majority of time, I drive easy.

Anyone else getting these numbers?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts