Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having an issue with the inside of the window having a "film" or "fog" to it? I have tried to clean the inside of my window 5-6 times and it just won't come clean!!! I have used Windex and a brand new micro fiber towel,I have used paper towels and windex,I have used vinegar and water and a new towel. I know this sounds really odd...I know how to clean a window, This is driving me nuts!!! The only thing I can think of is that I may have tried to wipe the window clean with a towel that I had used for waxing a couple weeks ago....

Does anyone have any ideas? Am I the only one with this #$^@ed up issue?

Thanks,
Scotty B

·
Registered
817 Posts
If I'm understanding you correctly, no matter what you do you still see this "fog" or "film".

Before you drive yourself crazy, I suggest showing this to your dealer.

To answer your question, "no", I'm not having this problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, The inside of the windshield still has this fog/film to it.... It looks clean until you get into some bright sun,then you can see all the streaks....very strange. I am thinking about trying some isopropyl alcohol. Or maybe a sledge hammer...That might help!! ;o)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
QUOTE (illby1 @ Jul 25 2010, 07:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344708
Yes, The inside of the windshield still has this fog/film to it.... It looks clean until you get into some bright sun,then you can see all the streaks....very strange. I am thinking about trying some isopropyl alcohol. Or maybe a sledge hammer...That might help!! ;o)
gunk foaming window cleaner and news paper bunched in a ball worked for me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (illby1 @ Jul 25 2010, 07:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344703
Is anyone having an issue with the inside of the window having a "film" or "fog" to it? I have tried to clean the inside of my window 5-6 times and it just won't come clean!!! I have used Windex and a brand new micro fiber towel,I have used paper towels and windex,I have used vinegar and water and a new towel. I know this sounds really odd...I know how to clean a window, This is driving me nuts!!! The only thing I can think of is that I may have tried to wipe the window clean with a towel that I had used for waxing a couple weeks ago....

Thanks,
Scotty B
its the gas comming out of the platic dash some manufactors require better platics for there dashes best way to slow it down is to tint windows to keep temp. down in the interor dodge was bad about this

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a thought I guess,but wouldn't more people have the same issue? I do have the windows tinted already,it seems like the rear window and windshield are the worst...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Clean windshield well + condition the dash + use a sunshield when car is parked under the sun = problem solved . :grin:

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE (daleewats @ Jul 25 2010, 08:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344719
its the gas comming out of the platic dash some manufactors require better platics for there dashes best way to slow it down is to tint windows to keep temp. down in the interor dodge was bad about this

Actually, it's more than just the dash, it's pretty much all the materials inside the car. I also think driving with the windows down doesn't help either as some of what you see is simply outside air pollution. The only plus is, as the car gets older, it tends to get a little better. It also depends on where you live and how hot it gets. Unfortunately, just about every car on the road today experiences this to some extent. Every new car I've owned, and some used, all do this. It doesn't matter if it's American, German, Japanese or obviously Korean. Personally I find it extremely annoying as I've not found a good solution. I've tried lots over the years. Some people say to use a vinegar based solution while others swear by news paper and so on. I just think it's an unfortunate side effect we have to live with but if anyone finds a good solution, *please* do tell!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought it might have something to do with all the plastics in the car.... I am going to try newspaper and windex next. It drives me crazy though because I am a clean freak when it comes to my car!!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yeah i'm sure this happened to my car when i first got it. Doesn't do it anymore.

·
Banned
630 Posts
use Stoner's Invisible Glass and a glass (green) microfiber towel...I haven't found a film yet this stuff can't remove!

·
3,861 Posts
I use two microfiber towels. One damp with just water to wipe the inside glass, then follow up with a dry microfiber towel. The windows have no streaks in the Sun with this method for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I`ve had the same problem,maybe its the plastics or running ac in the recycle position.
I used a micro fiber cloth and windshield wiper solution the last time i cleaned it and it seemed
to clean it up for the time being.I have 2500 miles on the car now.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My guess is the leather and plastics are leaching some type of gas and the windows are picking it up. When I detail the car I use Megs window cleaner and they stay clean for a few days then have a small amount of film after that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the tips guys (and girls..) I will try a different cleaner and a glass (green) micro fiber towel or newspaper,etc... I am glad to hear that at least I am not the only one that has noticed this issue!!

Thanks,
Scotty B

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (illby1 @ Jul 25 2010, 08:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344703

Thanks,
Scotty B
Try using rain-x anti fog product, I've used it and so far so good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts