Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which trims for the gt have the immobilizer? I'm finding lots of conflicting info. Some say none do, and some are saying only with the push button start, which I do have.

Also if it does have the immobilizer is it possible to have your key programmed to 2 ECMs? Say one to use while the other is getting tuned?

·
Registered
8,479 Posts
The keys have some sort of chip in them I think but the immobilizers have the PB start as far as I know. My Gen Coupe has it. They have different wiring too for engine control.

Many on the Gen Coupe forum have 2 ECUs and I've never heard of a problem for the key permission. Making more than 2 key fobs per VIN is a problem I think..

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have 3 fobs for my GT, but one was a replacement.
I have heard they can or will program only 2 fobs for a single car... they are programmed at same time. Not sure on accuracy of this.. never asked for all 3 since the lost fob was found after the replacement was programmed with the other.

don't lose them (PB start fob)... they are very expensive to replace with the hidden spare key laser cutting, fob and dealer programming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts