Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, noticed when I press brake pedal break ligts does not work even the center one. Checked all fused in the car and the small ones under the hood. All fine. I have a long trip tomorrow. Whereelse i can look. Everything seems working. Reverse light is fine. Is that related to latest brake light swich recall? Cant think of anything else. Help appreciated.

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,853 Posts
Probably a failed brake light switch. I had the same symptoms when mine went out.

Not sure if yours falls under one of the many recalls, if not it is an inexpensive and easy DIY fix.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi, noticed when I press brake pedal break ligts does not work even the center one. Checked all fused in the car and the small ones under the hood. All fine. I have a long trip tomorrow. Whereelse i can look. Everything seems working. Reverse light is fine. Is that related to latest brake light swich recall? Cant think of anything else. Help appreciated.
Yes more than likely the brake switch. Give that thing a little whack and see if it starts working correctly. Sometimes that's all it takes for a temporary fix.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, I was wrong. power windows not working either. So the problem now is the break lights plus power windows. Checked power window fuse is fine. Do not what is going on. Any help appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts