Hyundai Forums banner

(Images) So there's Spoilers for our Elantras.

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  NicholasD 
#1 · (Edited)
I came across this at work on break and I found this website so I digger through it and behold..... SPOILERS FOR OUR ELANTRAS!? WHY!? Anyways, Sooo I'm thinking about getting an spoiler but I have no idea which one to get. Which one looks better in your opinion? I drive an Elantra SEL not the sport. But, the sport and regular models down below are both compatible for either version.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

See less See more
#6 ·
The sport models most likely but the normal ones.... Most likely not lol. After hours of searching for parts for the normal elantras, all I found was:

Rear and front stabilizer sway bars.
Mirimoto aftermarket oil cooler, catch can, and radiator.
An water and meth injection kit
Anti-lift kit
Super limited selection of coilovers and custom made air suspension.
Front camber kit (I'd rather just get coilovers for that (if applicable)).
Aftermarket high flow catalytic converter.
MAP sensor port.
Aftermarket Mufflers (obviously).
Thermo wrap.
High flow fuel pump.
E85 Flex fuel kit (how to void your warranty real quick).
Injector driver.
NOS kits (all I can see is kaboom).
Guage kits.
Blow off valves that can't even be used on an N/A engine.
Boost controllers.
And more.

I'm a bit surprised.

#5 ·
Is a minor upward curve in the trunk lid on the Elantra, guess that's all the engineers needed for their aerodynamic wind tunnel tests for a spoiler.

Is a minority group of people in a neighboring town that loves spoilers on their cars, the bigger the better even double and triple fin spoilers, but their desire is not contagious.

#13 ·
Spoilers on aircraft are similar to spoilers on cars, but are variable instead of fixed and are there to slow the aircraft down. Spoilers fixed on cars do the same thing, primary function is to use wind pressure to apply more downward force on the rear wheels, but also have a bad side effect to slow the vehicle down.

Not very effective at legal highway speed, the major effect is adding more drag to decrease your fuel economy.

So their only real function is to make your vehicle look cool, if this is your idea of what cool looks like.

Hey, that car looks cool, has spoilers! What about the driver, is he or she cool or just somebody trying to attract attention? Sure getting poorer fuel economy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.