Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done the image mode????????????????????????? exactly whats it do? and i would imagine that you have to keep the usb inserted therefore you cant connect your ipod at the same time correct?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I put a pic of the wifes Doxie on the Nav screen saver, as I call it. It was a trial and error thing in getting it to work. All devices have to be turned off for it so show up, Also there is a default setting for it to work. Read the instruction manual and keep trying. Kinda cool to start the car and have this pic on the nav screen, but normally we are listening XM or have the nav on anyway, so no pic.
I used a usb thumb drive to download the pic. Odd but I had given up on trying to get it to work with drive disconnected, then one day it was working as advertised...

The screen defaults are.......Clock......Picture......Blank ..........Download #1 is the orignal pic & #2 & #3 are dash shots.

.[attachment=19447:TRUDY.jpg]...[attachment=19448:trudy2.JPG]...[attachment=1944
9:trudy3.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't get this darn feature to work. The only way I can get an image is if I have a USB drive pluggedin, hit the media button, image, and then select an image. The instructions suggest you can "frame" an image and set it as a background, but it does not seem to work for me. Has anyone been able to do this, and can you still listen to music while the image is on screen?

·
Registered
486 Posts
>>>>can you still listen to music while the image is on screen? >>...NO

All devices have to be turned off for it so show up, Also there is a default setting for it to work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (roc383 @ Jul 20 2010, 12:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343233
I can't get this darn feature to work. The only way I can get an image is if I have a USB drive pluggedin, hit the media button, image, and then select an image. The instructions suggest you can "frame" an image and set it as a background, but it does not seem to work for me. Has anyone been able to do this, and can you still listen to music while the image is on screen?
I can't get it to work either. I use my PSP to pick an image, and I can see all the images on the memory card on the Sonata screen. I can even pick one and hit the save button. Then, i set power off for everything, unplug the USB...turn the car off, and the display, and no image. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
486 Posts
..bstan21

It took me awhile to get mine to work also. Please note, that there is a setting for the picture, it just dose not automatically come up. In a setting screen there are three choices for the nav screen when all things are turned off.
You then have the choice to have the screen show:

A: Nothing, Blank black screen
B: The clock of your choice, dial or digital
C: Your downloaded picture

Although it is neat to have a custom picture on the screen , it is of little use to me since i always have the radio or nav system on, thus no picture. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah i have it selected to do 'picture frame' but still no dice. Oh well...you are right, I usually have something on as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I couldn't tell if this was answered but maybe this will help...

The only time the image will show up is if you press that power button (circular knob) until it goes black. Then you can hit that clock/temp button on the top left. It will toggle Clock/Picture that was setup in the media screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts