Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot tell you how many times I've been driving in my Elantra thinking about how long it has been since I last viewed the forum and that I've got to log onto it as soon as I get home - only to forget about it once I get there.

Well, today, I decided that I was getting on, come Purgatory or high puddles.

So, what did I miss?

I came close to buying a 2018 Elantra but what killed the deal is the dead pedal for the driver's left foot. It comes up too high and puts pressure on my piriformis muscle that becomes a real pain in the butt after 10 minutes of driving. I decided to keep my 2016 Elantra SE until I can afford to buy a 2018 Elantra GT Sport (after winning the lottery).

I recall that one of my first posts on the forum was about increasing the HP in my 2016. I'm getting close to 60k and wish to revisit my question. Typically, the first substantial mod that I have done to other cars I've owned is to upgrade the exhaust system beginning with a free-flowing down pipe and a cat back. Do they have that for the Elantra and where is the best place to buy them? Are there ECU upgrades available as well?

I'm actually OK with its power level at the low end. Where I could use more power is at the upper end where torque tends to take a holiday.

So, what mods have you done to your own cars to give it more pep? :cheer:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Speed mods for the 2016 Elantra?

I should have used this title for my thread!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I heard exhaust gains are like 0-2 hp though lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Want to also add a reverse camera to my Elantra 2012 seen some cool stuff on aliexpress website but worried about the quality!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts