Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Tucson and I need to change the alternator. I can't find any diagrams on line and according to my sale paper from dealer I have an IM....which doesn't have a forum topic. What do I do?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Disconnect negative battery cable..

Flip drive belt off

Remove old alternator

Install new alternator in reverse order -- good time to install new drive belt

Malfunction though.. Text of post and profile DO NOT INDICATE which engine we playing with,, if I recall,, it come with a 2.0 and a 2.4L,, both should be similar in assembly..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it's a GLS 2.0. the clearance to get to the belt is less than 2 inches. There is no just flip off the drive belt. The bottom bolt of the alternator is not visible. Do I pull the wheel and release the motor mount.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I have a 2010 Tucson GLS 2.0. I need to change my alternator and cannot find any good resources to help me.
Do I pull the wheel and release the motor mount and Jack up that side of the engine, because there is no clearance the release the belt.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,930 Posts
Sorry, but could you just clarify for sbr711 whether that's a 2.0 petrol or diesel engine?

He's in the USA where they don't get to enjoy the benefit of Hyundai diesel engines.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Hi there,

Best practices for requesting help:

Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
vin number can be very helpful.
Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
Describe the problem the best you can.
Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
I have heard stories of how difficult it is to remove the alternator (after it has been taken off the engine block)
There is like no room to pull the alternator out ...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I have heard stories of how difficult it is to remove the alternator (after it has been taken off the engine block)
There is like no room to pull the alternator out ...

Hyundai Motor pay dealer 42 minutes for alternator replace...

Op Code
37300R1A

Main Op Code Description
ALTERNATOR ASSY (THETA ENGINE)

Hours

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,930 Posts
Those videos feature a completely different car with two completely different engines to the one that's in the OPs...just sayin' :wink:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thanks. I don't know the difference.
Just saying that there were stories of the difficulty
Fella has LM Tucson with THETA II

Your videos reflect a European diesel,, and a JM Tucson with 2.7L.. and fella took too much apart...

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
If the OP's engine is not the same and it is so much easier to R&R the alternator then good.
Just saying I have heard stories about how difficult it can be to replace an alternator
Never said it was his vehicle
Why make such a big deal?
Let me be wrong and move on?

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
If the OP's engine is not the same and it is so much easier to R&R the alternator then good.
Just saying I have heard stories about how difficult it can be to replace an alternator
Never said it was his vehicle
Why make such a big deal?
Let me be wrong and move on?
The problem is you move on to send a different person down a different rabbit hole. Can you just refrain from having to post on things you're not sure of?
Please...

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
The problem is you move on to send a different person down a different rabbit hole. Can you just refrain from having to post on things you're not sure of?
Please...
I give suggestions and try to create an atmosphere of conversation
Everyone doesn't have to be right to contribute
This makes for a bigger community
And sometimes the real answer is in something someone quips out
You don't want to hear it then ignore my posts

One learns by making mistakes
Since everyone here is human then there is going to be a lot of mistakes.
If you don't like then then try the IGNORE button ... lol

How is saying that I heard stories of how difficult it is to R&R an alternator sending someone down a rabbit hole?
When he does what he is going to do then he knows for sure.
Why comment on my posts unless you just want to nit-pick???

I don't tie my shoe laces like you do
Are you now going to say that I make others go the wrong way??
Let it go!!!

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Fella has LM Tucson with THETA II

Your videos reflect a European diesel,, and a JM Tucson with 2.7L.. and fella took too much apart...
I only used the videos as an example that there are stories out there about how difficult a R&R of an alternator was.
And that was only cause someone keep going on and on about nothing

If I had an easy time replacing my outer tie rod end
And posted that then would it mean that all outer tie rod ends are easy to do???
Seriously, you guys have got to lighten up.
I only said I heard stories about how difficult it was
Why is that such a big deal??

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
I give suggestions and try to create an atmosphere of conversation
Everyone doesn't have to be right to contribute

You are seldom right. Actually I think it's less than 10%.

This makes for a bigger community

We need a smaller community of people giving wrong info.

And sometimes the real answer is in something someone quips out.

Absolutely ridiculous. You cannot get truth out of lies. If what you post is wrong it's the same as a lie.

You don't want to hear it then ignore my posts.

I will not. I will expose your attempts to prove how smart you are by posting CRAP. Like bubble memory, which is not used in automotive data storage.Why would you even use the terminology if not to make yourself look smart. You do the opposite and I'm making it my mission to help you.

Are you learning yet?

One learns by making mistakes
Since everyone here is human then there is going to be a lot of mistakes.

You post mistakes like I give out candy on Halloween.

If you don't like then then try the IGNORE button ... lol

Not going to happen.

How is saying that I heard stories of how difficult it is to R&R an alternator sending someone down a rabbit hole?

His alternator is not one of the difficult ones. You give him videos that do not pertain to his vehicle. How is that not sending him down the wrong path?
Tell me that.

When he does what he is going to do then he knows for sure.
Why comment on my posts unless you just want to nit-pick???

You need to learn. As I said I'm here to help and I'm going to help you see what you are that you might make positives changes to YOURSELF.

I don't tie my shoe laces like you do
Are you now going to say that I make others go the wrong way??

What's that even mean.?

Let it go!!!
I'm not going to let it go. I acknowledge you when your advise is good and is not going to confuse or take the OP down the wrong path. That's been one time. Let's see if you can make it twice. My goal is to give you accolades more than rebukes.

We'll see how it goes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts