Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm in the market for an iLoad. Love the look of them and from most reports they are great vehicles. A recurring issues seems to be turbo failures in a lot of earlier vehicles (pre 2010). I was wondering if you could help me out on a few fronts:

1) Is there anything I can do to limit the chance of turbo failure in an iLoad? As in, if issues are detected early can it be prevented without replacing the entire turbo?
2) Have the turbo in the newer vehicles been improved on?

I would still love to buy an iLoad but am wary of lumping out a lot of cash for something that will cost me an arm and leg to fix.

Any others pros/cons would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :grin2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd also be very interested to know about this.

What sort of km's have the vehicles traveled that have a failed turbo? i.e. how long are they lasting?

Halve the standard service interval
I don't know about the pre-2010 models but my 2013 is 15,000km interval - so your recommending 7,500km oil changes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Different turbos in the new ones vgt over old school turbo

That’s for better performance across the rpm

Yes imho 15k is too long unless you were doing consistent long distance mileage

Yes it’s a cost to do 7500 intervals but for long term reliability and I also find as you get further into the intervals a few things happen

Noisier engine
Oil pressure takes longer to come up when starting
A noticeable loss of power
Fuel consumption increases

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most failures of these motors are caused by leaking injector washers. Replace them every 40,000 k and the correct oil change intervals for the type of driving your doing will go a long way to ensuring a long life from these engines

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys!

I'm in the market for an iLoad. Love the look of them and from most reports they are great vehicles. A recurring issues seems to be turbo failures in a lot of earlier vehicles (pre 2010). I was wondering if you could help me out on a few fronts:

1) Is there anything I can do to limit the chance of turbo failure in an iLoad? As in, if issues are detected early can it be prevented without replacing the entire turbo?

I would still love to buy an iLoad but am wary of lumping out a lot of cash for something that will cost me an arm and leg to fix.

Any others pros/cons would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :grin2:
No don’t do it!
I bought a 2011 iload 3 months ago
Had 228k on clock
In 3 months the clutch went
I needed to replace master and slave cylinders
Then the inter cooler and water pump went
Now lucky me the fucking turbo **** itself
I would not recommend buying one as I’ve heard so many negative stories since I’ve asked around about these pieces of ****

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
No don’t do it!
I bought a 2011 iload 3 months ago
Had 228k on clock
In 3 months the clutch went
I needed to replace master and slave cylinders
Then the inter cooler and water pump went
Now lucky me the fucking turbo **** itself
I would not recommend buying one as I’ve heard so many negative stories since I’ve asked around about these pieces of ****
It's a real shame these have a bad rep for Diesels. I find it ironic these have issues yet I've had an i30 CRDi manual with 400000k and currently have iX35 almost same Ks. Both been highway cars and well serviced which would go a long way.

Did your iLoad have any service history?

I'm curious about the intercooler, what went with that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts