·
Registered
2015 crdi iload
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

First time poster long time reader

i have a 2015 iload 2.5ltr diesel

i am having a problem with locking i have to lock all doors manualy it will unlock fine and the control panel on the driver door unlocks but will not lock

have replaced all the fuses i can see have replaced the control panel on the door eg where the windows are and still no luck

is there something i am missing or should be looking at

thank you in advance

Putty

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,497 Posts
From what you describe my guess is the Body Control Module thinks the ignition key is inserted in the lock.

There is usually a little switch on the ignition lock (see below) that sends a signal to the Body Control Module when the ignition key is inserted into the lock. When the BCM receives a "KEY IN" signal from that switch it prevents the doors from locking via the remote or the drivers door lock. The remote and drivers door lock are still able to unlock the doors & lock/unlock switch on the driver's door is not effected, so that sounds exactly like the symptoms your describing. If you have a scan tool capable of communicating with the BCM you can check the KEY IN signal on the BCM data list. If you don't have a scan tool you could just try unplugging the switch to see if that cures the problem.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2015 crdi iload
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you will check i am guessing the only way to unplug is pulling the key module out

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
Remove the steering cowling trims and unplug the connector shown in the photo above. The wiring for the immobilizer's ring antenna is also on that connector so the engine wont start with it unplugged. But if the locking works OK with it unplugged you at least know it's the KEY IN switch that is causing the problem with the locking.

·
Registered
2015 crdi iload
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so removed steering cowling today and unpluged thingy and no go it still doesnt remote lock

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
ok so removed steering cowling today and unpluged thingy and no go it still doesnt remote lock
Maybe the KEY IN signal wire has shorted to ground then. That would input a KEY IN signal to the module even when the switch is disconnected.

·
Registered
2015 crdi iload
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
should i be looking at buying a new key barrel or is it a fuse or ??

any help would be great thank you

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
I think you should have the fault diagnosed rather than start replacing random parts.

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
should i look at an auto lecky or lock smith
Your able to lock & unlock the van manually, so it doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with the locks. Sounds more like an electrical issue to me.

·
Registered
2015 crdi iload
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not as yet i am thinking it is a electrical gremlin somewhere

1 - 13 of 13 Posts