Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and I need a big help from you guys.

I bought a hyundai Iload van a few months ago and it has been great little van. It is currently being used as a delivery vehicle for a courier company and sees around 2000-2500kms a week and it has currently got 83500kms on the clock.

Just this morning, did some shopping and I was heading back home when the engine suddenly lost all its power. I was going up a hill in 3rd gear and it felt a bit sluggish so I had to downshift to second gear. All of a sudden the van started to slow down and I couldn't maintain the speed any longer.

Then I pulled over and had a look and everything seemed fine and it was idling perfect just like any other day. However, once I set off again, it wouldn't rev past 3000rpm and it really struggled to maintain any speed above 20-30kays.

Limped it home and had a look around but I couldn't see anything wrong or smell anything weird. Started it back up and revved up a but and it started to sputter at around 2500rpm and then I decided to shut it off.

The RACV mechanic that was sent by iCare emergency assistance couldn't figure anything out either and said it looked like a fuel system issue and said it had to be taken to hyundai.

I am just wondering if you guys have experienced anything like this with your iload vans and what might be causing this issue. Van runs very smooth in any gear up to 2000rpm(which isn't really enough to make progress :grin2:) and then it starts to sputter and growl.

Any input is much appreciated. :smile:

Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh it also makes a little rattle like something has come loose around 2500rpm. Almost feels like the timing is off. Could it be that the timing belt may have jumped a cog or something?

Cheer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just an update..started the van this morning to move it out of the way and the check engine light came up on the dash. Will be towing it to Berwick Hyundai to get it checked. I'll update you guys tomorrow.

Cheers

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm curious, too. Please keep up informed. I'm willing to bet it's one of the following:

-Bad fuel pump
-Computer hiccup
-Bad fuel filter

If I'm right, I'm going to green-light my choice of buying a $80 bottle of whiskey.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha..thanks for the replies and the suggestions guys. I had already checked the fuel side of things and the in-tank fuel filter looked b'new.

Anyway, finally some good news. Got a call from hyundai yesterday and they said it was my catalytic converted. Apparently the first cat had completely collapsed overtime and blocked the exhaust flow. Explains why the engine would idle without an issue but won't rev past 2.5k rpm.

Picked up the van this arvo and the service guys told me that it was the fist time they saw that in an iload van. Apparently they also had to clean out the second cat as they found debris from the damaged cat in there.

It was all fixed under warranty and I didn't have to spend a single dollar out of pocket. They even did all the towing free of charge. A good outcome and also like to give a shout out to the friendly staff at berwick hyundai.

Cheers

·
Registered
740 Posts
Very happy to hear it was fixed and the service was smooth as butter. Very strange the catalytic converters crapped out so early. Unfortunately I can't buy my $80 bottle of whiskey now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Lol..yea I am so happy that I didn't have to deal with any BS. Some dealers do whatever to get out of a warranty claim. I am very happy with the way they handled it.

I was a bit surprised myself. Normally cats last for ages before they crap out. First cat is located right after the exhaust manifold so it could be due to heat. And the fact that this gets driven 12 hrs a day without a break could also be a contributing factor.

cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys,

I bought a hyundai Iload van a few months ago and it has been great little van. It is currently being used as a delivery vehicle for a courier company and sees around 2000-2500kms a week and it has currently got 83500kms on the clock.

Just this morning, did some shopping and I was heading back home when the engine suddenly lost all its power. I was going up a hill in 3rd gear and it felt a bit sluggish so I had to downshift to second gear. All of a sudden the van started to slow down and I couldn't maintain the speed any longer.

Then I pulled over and had a look and everything seemed fine and it was idling perfect just like any other day. However, once I set off again, it wouldn't rev past 3000rpm and it really struggled to maintain any speed above 20-30kays.

Limped it home and had a look around but I couldn't see anything wrong or smell anything weird. Started it back up and revved up a but and it started to sputter at around 2500rpm and then I decided to shut it off.

The RACV mechanic that was sent by iCare emergency assistance couldn't figure anything out either and said it looked like a fuel system issue and said it had to be taken to hyundai.

I am just wondering if you guys have experienced anything like this with your iload vans and what might be causing this issue. Van runs very smooth in any gear up to 2000rpm(which isn't really enough to make progress :grin2:) and then it starts to sputter and growl.

Any input is much appreciated. ?

Cheers.

Hi, just wondering if you ever resolved this issue? My 2012 i800 did this in 3rd gear yesterday for first time. Thanks in advance. Matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

Any input is much appreciated. ?

Cheers.
Main fuel filter nearly blocked mate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Main fuel filter needs replacing. Had same symptoms, thought the worst, checked last service. They didn’t change filter as required. Filter was nearly clogged

1 - 11 of 11 Posts