Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ignition switch failed? Garage wants £750

Stuck in traffic jam for 45' so switched car (2009 i10) off. Went to restart - nothing - engine does not crank but all usual warning lights come on - engine just does not turn over. Rescue service could not diagnose but started by jumping the starter fuse to adjacent fuse so car started. Car then runs perfectly but various items do not work - windscreen wipers, electric windows, front headlights, heated rear window, heater fan. Everything else including side and rear lights OK.
Garage charged £99 to diagnose and gave very unclear message that it is the ignition switch and 'all the electrics around it'. Want another £650 to replace it.
I don't feel this is good value for money and just wonder if it is something much simpler?
Any help really appreciated.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,318 Posts
That does sound rather expensive but I'm not familiar with the i10 so maybe there is a reason for it costing so much, other than the garage committing daylight robbery.

Before replacing the switch I would suggest you try swapping the BATT & IGN fuselinks out on the engine bay fusebox. Swap them with the FAN & ABS fuses temporarily just to see if that get the wipers, etc working.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts