Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Discussion starter · #27 ·
Daughter has a Mercedes GLK 250 smoothest/Comfortable easy driving car i have ever driven on a short drive AMG Performance vehicles on the other hand are on a much Higher Level of Power/Performance as far as Road Handling & Power Goes from Mercedes AMG Performance line up of vehicles im sure the German Autobhan for these High Powered machines has no Speed limits for there enjoyment. LOL (y)

Those 3 star points on the Mercedes Emblem means a Mercedes can do 3 trips around the globe without a doubt. LOL :D
Most cars can do that...it's only 75,000 miles, but how many times will it break-down and have to be coddled like an infant?

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Just an FYI the 2.1 Liter Diesel Mercedes engine on a 250 GLK has been around for a long time.
making it refined & pretty bullet proof.

Daughter has a Mercedes GLK 250 smoothest/Comfortable easy driving car i have ever driven on a short drive AMG Performance vehicles on the other hand are on a much Higher Level of Power/Performance as far as Road Handling & Power Goes from Mercedes AMG Performance line up of vehicles im sure the German Autobhan for these High Powered machines has no Speed limits for there enjoyment. LOL (y)
soory my capitals on my computer dont work are you talking about a mercedes glk 250 turbo 2.1 diesel engine??

I'd like to have one of these but I can't spare the 1/2 a million.
View attachment 481400
For existing cars, one would be a box stock AMG GT.

However, my real wants are existing cars in configurations never offered, not currently offered, or no longer offered by the manufacturers.

Cases in point, V6s in mid-level AWD Santa Fes (like my 2010 SE and our 2016 SE); or a current Ford Ranger 4x4 with a V6, 4 doors AND a 6 foot bed. However, I would really like a Subaru Outback with a 300HP powertrain like the STI.

Most cars can do that...it's only 75,000 miles, but how many times will it break-down and have to be coddled like an infant?
Coddling is not always needed on a M-B. My wife had a specially-ordered 2005 Mercedes C320 Sport Coupe (a hatch back) with a 6 speed manual, so it had a V6, a 6 speed manual trans and the high end radio/CD setup and panoramic sunroof, but without the integrated "Comand Module" (integrated climate control/infotainment controls) that bedeviled the C Class for a few years. As 2005 was the last year for that model, it also came with AMG bodywork and staggered (wider at the rear) AMG wheels. That car was fast, handled very well, you could get close to 30 MPG on the highway at speed limit+ speeds. Over the 15 years and 175K miles we had it, it had 2 major repairs. One the power amplifier failed, and was replaced under warranty, and second the panoramic sunroof slipped its track. That was an expensive one, but not that much more than when my sister's Mazda 3 sunroof slipped its track. My sister opted to have it sealed shut rather than pay for that repair.

Electronics and sensors are more likely to fail than the actual hardware they are monitoring.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts