Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
630 Posts
while I do see them (albeit most that I see are base model GLS) I don't see them nearly as plentiful as the 2009/2010 models. I can attribute this to a few factors:

1) lack of advertising on Hyundai's part (at least here in NY)
2) lack of dealers looking to negotiate on a brand new car (at least here in NY)
3) the fact that its a Hyundai and everyone and their grandmother is so brainwashed to think that accords and camrys are the way to go.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I see a couple every day, but I only live about 1 mile away from the dealer, Once I get away from
my Home area It's rare that I see one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Beacuse we are a Secret Society ? No, J/K but u are right we can't keep this cars in stock, as soon we got some off the truck, they last in the dealer until the PDI is done basically. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used to wonder the same thing, It was rare when I did see one even though I live in a big city but just lately, I see one almost daily, I wanted to be the first in my neigborhood and in my workplace to drive one but just a few days ago I was walking my dog and there it was a few streets down someone bought a silver Limited, then just yesterday I was leaving my parking garage at work and a car pulled right in front of me and I could not believe it, another new Sonata. So they are starting to pop up all over the place....

·
Registered
51 Posts
It takes a little while, you will. When I first bought my Altima "new body style" in 2007 it felt like it was the only one around, two years later they were everywhere...

·
Registered
650 Posts
I actually seen 7 on Saturday! If I saw one more I was gonna flip out, I'm waiting for Turbo and that's all I see on the road LOL.

Funny thing is, I don't see any during the week, but the weekends is when their out. lolol

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I work in DC and I commute all the time between Ashburn and DC and I still don't see any besides mine. I wonder if this was a marketing strategy to actually not make a lot of the hot selling SE and Limited w/nav, make several GLS and have the dealers tell their customers that they are selling them like crazy. I wonder if there are actual sales count for US alone so we can see how much they are trully selling.

·
Registered
343 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ May 21 2010, 06:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324994
I work in DC and I commute all the time between Ashburn and DC and I still don't see any besides mine. I wonder if this was a marketing strategy to actually not make a lot of the hot selling SE and Limited w/nav, make several GLS and have the dealers tell their customers that they are selling them like crazy. I wonder if there are actual sales count for US alone so we can see how much they are trully selling.
Just last week I was pulling into the Advanced Auto in Leesburg and I parked next to a white SE (I have a silver GLS) and as I was leaving I saw a silver Limited and a silver GLS on the 7/15 bypass. Of course Brown's Leesburg Hyundai is right in town, but these were purchased vehicles, not a dealer tag among them. Also, for the past couple of weeks I've been getting some PT on my shoulder in Sterling and I park my silver GLS w/alloys next to another silver GLS with steelies...of COURSE mine looks better with the alloys, mudflaps and all :whistling:

They're starting to show up...but for the time being enjoy being on the cutting edge of vehicle ownership!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't seen any beside mine for about 2-3 weeks. I'm gonna enjoy having the only '11 Sonata in my area because I have a feeling that I'll be seeing a lot of them around in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I saw 4 of them today. That's more than the total of 3 other I have seen on the road so far!
I had 1 of the 4 park next to in a parking lot.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I saw 3 black/ dark blue 2011 sonatas in Toronto over the weekend. All three of them were fairly dirty. To me this is one car than need be be kept clean, especially when black. Now I know that all black cars have to be kept clean, but those fluidic sculpture lines also add to this fact more than say a 3 box designed car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts