Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a 2003 Santa Fe 2.4. Couple days ago my idler tensioner pulley or whatever its called seized up and took the belt out with it. I got a pulley that resembles it from Autozone mind you that it was the only parts store that had one in stock even Hyundai didnt have the part. The only difference is the hole size for the bolt is about 1/4 inch bigger then the stock pulley. Is there any chance I can get a spacer and make up for the difference? Any input would be appreciated and also if anyone knows the actual part name and part number and can provide it that would be helpful. Thanks

·
22,788 Posts
It's Saturday morning. Call the local salvage yards. At least it's cheap, there, and it will get you going until you can get the correct one that fits. If you find out the one you bought at Advance is not correct, they will refund your money. Actually, they will refund your money regardless if it's correct or not. With some exceptions (electrical parts may have restocking fees).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response i actually went to home depot and got a 3/8 coupler and cut it to size with a little lip and it actually fit. Am going to walmart right now to get power steering fluid and fill it up so i can start and hopefully i dont destroy something. wish me luck lol

·
22,788 Posts
If it works, patent it, submit it to pulley manufacturers, and retire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know where I can get a diagram for the serpentine belts I want to make sure I did it right. Thanks

·
22,788 Posts
Look up under the hood or around the radiator area. Sometimes manufacturers will have a sticker on there that shows it. Or search it on
Google. I promise you, there's an image posted somewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Google did the trick with the image. Went to home depot bought a coupler and cut it with a 1/2 inch lip because the pulley was wider and was scraping along the engine. Took it for a test drive and so far so good. Will drive for a week and update. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts