Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. My idler pulley bolt snapped today, accessory belt fell out. The bolt stub is still stuck inside the engine block, need to extract it. Can someone tell me what size the bolt is or the part number for it? I think the one that snapped wasn't the original bolt. Will need to replace with OEM hopefully. (yellow pulley bolt in the picture)
Thanks so much.
2007 Hyundai Entourage V6 van GLS (the base model)

Idler Pulley bolt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i got the part number for the bolt 252853C100 and it's something a dealership should have or ebay. Or take this number to a local parts store maybe they can cross-reference it.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
FWIW Hundai will stamp the bolt size on the head. such as 8 or 10 and the fine threads are usually a hardened 10.9 bolt vs the softer coarse threaded ones at 8.8.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Or you can drill a hole through it and buy a reverse thread bolt remover. Last resort is to drill it out but you risk ruining the threads since the steel of the bolt is much harder than the soft aluminium head but I guess you could put a helicoil in.

I went through this learning curve when I got my first proper socket set. Luckily I only snapped a throttle body bolt which was easy to drill out and replace. Buy two torque wrenches. Get one in the range of 5-40Nm and a larger 40-200Nm or the equivalent in imperial, find the appropriate torque and never snap a bolt again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts