Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having issues with my 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe. I have the 2.4L engine and having some issues with the vehicle. The car idles low at a light right about 500 rpm. The rpms drop when you place it when gear. The car jerks and bucks while driving. The feels like its stumbling when you slow down. I do have a custom exhaust, just the muffler. What would cause the car to act this way? The dealer could not duplicate the problem. I need assistance on this matter.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
This sounds familiar.

The dealer could not duplicate the problem.
You don't say if you experience this problem just once in a while, or whether it's pretty consistent, or what conditions might surround the situation when it occurs (soon after leaving the house, after the vehicle is warmed up, etc.). If YOU can reproduce it, advice just as before. You need to do the test drive with the dealer.

Recommendation from this thread and post still applies: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/1735057-post4.html

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
So find the service manager, tell him you're going to take a little drive with him or one of his techs, and find some stop and go traffic! Point out your concerns so that they will have to document it and describe it in their own words.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There are lots of rough idle threads with the 2.4 engine. The dealers pat answer is "they all run like this, it's normal."
It's already started, the dealer already told you, they can't duplicate the problem.
Good luck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
No codes, they can't fix it. Hyundai won't pay for maybe problems. There are a lot of us with these type of problems and they tell us it's normal. If these problems are normal, I'm driving my last Hyundai.
Wife's car got totaled and we drove an Altima and a Camry. The 4 cyl. Camry engine was so smooth, you couldn't tell if it was running or off. So, when they tell you the 4 cylinder engines all run like this, maybe it's only Hyundai 4 cylinder engines. That Camry was good.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Only if you insist on playing songs from 'Alice in Chains', in which case, I could begin to understand why you can't get a tech to ride with you.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts