Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here.. Hi everyone :)

My 2005 getz had its timing belt changed yesterday at 91000kms...

However, since I picked it up, it has been revving far to high... In park its sitting at 1500 and at idle its 1100.

Its using a heap of petrol.. I took it back to the mechanic this morning, and he says he has never heard of this happening before.

Can anyone please help??

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (Majick @ Nov 30 2010, 01:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375701
I'm new here.. Hi everyone :)

My 2005 getz had its timing belt changed yesterday at 91000kms...

However, since I picked it up, it has been revving far to high... In park its sitting at 1500 and at idle its 1100.

Its using a heap of petrol.. I took it back to the mechanic this morning, and he says he has never heard of this happening before.

Can anyone please help??
Hi there, try to rev the engine constant at 3000rpm for 10secs. and let it idle for 5 mins. Maybe its the ECU remapping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (imm @ Dec 2 2010, 09:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376349
Hi there, try to rev the engine constant at 3000rpm for 10secs. and let it idle for 5 mins. Maybe its the ECU remapping.

Hi...

Tried that... even diconnected the battery to reset.. to no avail..

But sheer fluke, the problem has been fixed.. It was a sensor on the back of the idle motor had come loose... Plugged back in sercurely.. and all good now..

:liebe011:

·
Registered
4 Posts
What should it be idling at? I've just bought a used Getz and I'm sure it idles around 1100... going to check in the morning. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It's idling around 1100 when the engine is cold, and around 800 when warm. Assuming that's not a problem? Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts