Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It USUALLY happens after I drive and only does it for about 2-3 mins. I don't think it's the timing belt. I just changed the idler pulley, harmonic balancer and put a new goodyear gator back belt on. Plus it was doing it before I changed all that.

I do have a custom built cold air intake I made. Do you think it could possibly be an air leak from that intake?

What are some other possibilities?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
it could be the CAI but i'd have to see it to say for sure....this could be caused by air leaking past a sensor. if there's no sensors on your CAI anywhere...well you can figure that out one.

more likely would be a vacuum leak or a leak on the intake somewhere (usually throttle body or after, think gaskets). easily confirmed by ye olde starting fluid trick. idle picks up once you find it.

another option could be one injector not working properly. wouldn't say blocked, more likely the electromagnet inside isn't working properly so the ECU can't get it open enough to get enough fuel in to a particular cylinder. idle would drop when it comes around to that particular one. the stethoscope would confirm this theory.

there's a handful of others as well, but you really haven't given enough info. any MIL on? is this just the idle or are you experiencing misfires at any time? if there is ECU codes that will hold your answer.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No check engine light. Only on idle. No misfires

I've had a check engine light come on (not on anymore) for fuel to lean and air flow. Figuring that's also because of the cold air intake.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Mass air flow sensor or IAC idle air control valve.

You can clean the maf sensor with using only mass air flow sensor cleaner NOTHING else and don't touch any filaments. A can is $6.

My bet is the IAC since it's bouncing around and rarely throw a code. Only when severly starved for air it will trip a airflow code.

Slim chance it could be a egr valve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts