Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone moved or use USB extender to have the USB connection coming out of the armrest so we can keep phone in the little cubby space next to armrest and cables stay more hidden ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Why don’t you leave the phone in that space where the USB is located? I use a very short lightning wire that I bought on Amazon and my Xs Max fits perfect there, no wires messing around

·
Registered
266 Posts
Why don’t you leave the phone in that space where the USB is located? I use a very short lightning wire that I bought on Amazon and my Xs Max fits perfect there, no wires messing around
Why can't he just use the USB in back of the armrest?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is there aftermarket wireless gadget for AA & CP? That would be ideal, no wire.
Yes, but they work just for Android based unit players, like those aftermarket radio player with Android 7 or later. For our Hyundais OEM media players, they don’t work

·
Registered
60 Posts
II personally don't like the way that area of the car is designed. Each time I go to place my s8 on the charge pad I inadvertently press a seat or steering wheel button. It's too tight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I currently do that but like other cars which have the usb connection coming out of the armrest as it keeps things more tidy, and phone reachable even when connected

·
Registered
2019, Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate
14 Posts
I purchased this magnetic phone holder from Amazon. This has one of those "sticky" suction cups on the back to adhere to the hard plastic of the
side wall of the front cubby. (see picture) I also use the smallest 1 foot cable to connect to the infotainment system. Very simple setup. I get into the car place phone onto
the holder and away you go. When I leave the car I just lift the phone away unplugging it at the same time all in one quick and easy step!

Forgot to mention, this setup will not interfere with the front cup holder.

Here is the link to Amazon in Canada:

Alex.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The problem with those phone holders is that you need to place a metal plate in the back of your phone, so, if you use a wireless charging station, you have to remove it, so, it will be a pain in the a.... doing this everyday!!!! I just have a 6” wire, I leave my phone in the area designed to be placed and try to concentrate in driving, not trying to reach it during my commutes. I can control my music, and almost everything with Siri or the steering wheel controls, which I think, is the idea of the CP and AA feature.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't know of options to be totally wireless with AA or CP. If one is looking for an easy "connection" when in the vehicle, check ProClip USA (www.proclipusa.com). They have a 2 part system: part 1 is the phone holder. This will be unique to the phone you have. The 2nd part is the Mount, which is unique to your vehicle. I know for the iPhone, one of the holders works with the cable (so you just drop your phone in the holder and the USB cable is mounted in the phone holder - result is that when you drop the phone in the holder, it is connected via USB). The holders keep the phone up and out of the way, off the console and they don't slide around. For the 2 components, one can spend $50 - $100 but they are pretty nice systems.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL AWD 2.4 GDI (w/ conv/prem packages)
31 Posts
I purchased this magnetic phone holder from Amazon. This has one of those "sticky" suction cups on the back to adhere to the hard plastic of the
side wall of the front cubby. (see picture) I also use the smallest 1 foot cable to connect to the infotainment system. Very simple setup. I get into the car place phone onto
the holder and away you go. When I leave the car I just lift the phone away unplugging it at the same time all in one quick and easy step!

Forgot to mention, this setup will not interfere with the front cup holder.

Here is the link to Amazon in Canada:

Alex. View attachment 442773
But, it does interfere with wireless chargers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts